ISP Ideas (1 Viewer)

Symone

I am just starting to do my ISP and i was wondering if anyone would be able to help me on the subject of popular music or christian youth music and its religious influence on tenagers or youth of today. I some how want to do this topic but i have to fit it into the specified topics. I just want to know if anyone else has done any topics like this and if so what question did you use? and how did you go about it?

Thankyou :)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i dunnno much but the first thing that popped into my mind when i read music and christian youth music was "hillsong church"
they have a website on the net, just search...
they release an album every year does extremely well on the aria charts! top 5 selling albums if not the top selling

Alexander

Gold Member
Are you INSANE??? The exam is in like 20 days and you're still doing your ISP???that isnt even in the damn exam???not to mention the FACT THAT THE ASSESMENT MARK HAS ALREADY BEEN GIVEN TO THE BOS!!!
Don't humour this person! whoever you are you're not taking this situation very seriously---honestly! whada?

stressed monkie

im a random
i think this person is in yr 11 and they are just starting their ISP cause the yr11's in my school are getting it next week
now for christian musicand it's influence the best place to go to is the christian bookstore its called:koorong: there is a branch in penrith on henry street and the other branch is in west ryde on west parade

also there are many music artisits who's songs are considered to beof a christian basis e.g. stacie orrico, amy grant, etc... if u go to koorong the people at koorong arereally friendly and are willing to help
good luck :)

Symone

Thanx for everyones help! Yeah i am in yr 11, sorry lol didn say. Bit confusing 4 some people ha? Yeah so thanx and help me more if u want coz i got no ideas, none at all so help me.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
seriously, if you have no idea!
why choose it in the first place?

choose something which you know about already!

the ISP study is extremely easy to do, but it doesnt count towards anything, you do it and you can forget about it.....so if you really gonna do something you don't know about and is going to take you heaps of time researching, than your wasting time

Last edited:

Symone

I have an idea now i am doing 'How does the Christian Youth Band POD, Relient K, Delirious, Antiskeptic or Astik use their music to portray feeliings, beliefs and ideas of religion'

Yeah thats my idea an i wanna do it, so everything is good now and it will be fun, i might even do a local band.

Thanx ne way

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
HMMMMMMMM
that's a big list of bands....
i hope your not putting too many eggs in one basket

my suggestion, pick TWO bands and stick with those bands ONLY!
why 2? because you can compare the two....don't forget it's only 1000~word essay! it's not a lot!

i did art, and all i did was pick 2 artists and compare 2 paintings from each

Inheritedpie

Well, for mostly all subjects I have been doing stuff I like but for this I wouldnt do it...

Our Teacher strongly Erges to do Religion and Biography as the Interest mainly due to the fact that, when we start hitting the teachers and interpreters stuff (in the syllabus) , we already have a solid grounding for 1 individual.

Symone

I think i will do my idea coz it is cool n is workin and i am havin fun

This is the exact question i am using:

How are feeling, beliefs and ideas of religion expressed through the music of the Christian Youth Band Delirious?

- What is the bands focus, is it christ, the church, or Christian teachings?

- How does the bands music appeal to todays audience?

- What evidence is there that this band has made a difference or had an impact on youth today?

Symone

jhunter

i am doing the band delerious too and mabye we can help eachother

hey,
i am also doing the band Delerious, so mabye we could help eachother with it. i have heaps of info, so get back to me.

Riff

HSC
N/A
im doing how did bob dylans christian conversion influence his music in the laste seventies and early eighties.

i wanted to do music, but didnt think i could stomach a christian rock band... lets face it, even jesus hates creed

NeRdY

HSC
For my ISP I focused on music but not Christian. At first I was going to do Bob Dylan but the coordiantor strongly recommended against it so then i chose Cat Stevens aka Yusuf Islam. He converted to Islam plus his music was strongly influenced after his conversion. i really recommend doing him!

my question was, How did Cat Stevens conversion to Islam influence his songs/music?

I got full marks for it plus there is heaps of info on it!

Sonik

HSC
N/A
I did mine on religious hip-hop. killed it. If you want help..PM me, preferably after Nov. 4th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)