• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Islam (1 Viewer)

Jacks

HSC
Jesus was actually a real person...this has been proven, whether or not one believes him to be a prophet or not...so maybe his image comes from some evidence somewhere. Other than that they are only guesses. Christians don't necessarily really believe that God can be resembled by anything or anyone...we believe, or at least I always have, that God is more powerful and greater than anything you use to express what God is, if that makes sense...

Last edited:

physician

Some things never change.
HSC
Jacks said:
Jesus was actually a real person...this has been proven, whether or not one believes him to be a prophet or not...so maybe his image comes from some evidence somewhere. Other than that they are only guesses. Christians don't necessarily really believe that God can be resembled by anything or anyone...we believe, or at least I always have, that God is more powerful and greater than anything you could probably express God as, if that makes sense...
sorry I'm just a little confused... ( by the way.. this is really a question that i'd like to know the answer to.. rather than being a question to offend or attack.. just for the record)...

when u say God... are u referring to the trinity... ?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
you're pretty right...i heard that christians believe that Jesus was the human manifestation of God, we believe he doesn't need a human counterpart...he's all powerful and we know that he is there without a visual aid..if you get me.

p.s. being muslim is greeeeeat
Yeah thats right, Jesus is considered the human and godly son of God, but he is still God, it can get confusing to non-Christians

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Jacks said:
Jesus was actually a real person...this has been proven, whether or not one believes him to be a prophet or not...so maybe his image comes from some evidence somewhere. Other than that they are only guesses. Christians don't necessarily really believe that God can be resembled by anything or anyone...we believe, or at least I always have, that God is more powerful and greater than anything you use to express what God is, if that makes sense...
well we as muslims dont know what any prophets looked like
especially mohammad..no one was allowed to draw pictures of him etc
because then people would make statues of him and worship fotos of him
but thats not islam..and people like to believe in what they see

plus..the pictures of jesus and mary etc that chritians have and use
they creep me out..and i would like to believe that they were more beautiful then that...infact we are taught to believe so

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Korn said:
Yeah thats right, Jesus is considered the human and godly son of God, but he is still God, it can get confusing to non-Christians
yes confusing..i dont get how u guys understand the concept
and it has been explained to me by a number of people..on many occasions..
i cant comprehend it

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
bekstah said:
"The people built a great city called Babylon, where Nimrod ruled with his beautiful mother, Semiramis, who he married.
Out of Babylon came a new evil religion controlled by Satan. Nimord and Semiramis had another child. She said he was Nimrod reincarnated. Semiarmis was worshipped as the 'Queen of Heaven'. Satan would use her to destroy billions of souls.
Idols of the 'Queen of Heaven' were everywhere. Behind each idol a demon controlled all who bowed down to it (1 Cor. 10:19-21)
This murderous "Queen of Heaven" demon ruled Babylon. Anyone who opposed it was slaughtered.
God showed His hatred for idols when He gave Moses the 10 Commandments.
Here’s what God said:
The Bible says: “Though shalt have no other gods before me. Thou shalt NOT make unto thee any graven image or any likeness of anything…”
Thou shalt NOT bow down thyself to them nor serve them” (Ex. 20:4-5)
God hates idols because the demons behind them destroy all who worship those idols.
When Jesus Christ shed His blood, He washed away our sins and freed us from demonic control.
He died, was buried, rose from the dead, and is now in heaven. (Muhammad is still in his grave.)
His followers went everywhere telling that He was the Son of God and Creator of the universe.
Many of the children of Ishmael believed, but most did not.
To destroy true Christianity, Satan moved his murderous religion from Babylon to Rome.
Many followers of Jesus were martyred in blood-bath, or were forced underground.
Roman idols were given Christian titles. Venus was called Mary… who became the ‘Queen of Heaven’.
Roman Catholicism was born and Satan ruled from the Vatican. The evil popes wanted to rule from Jerusalem instead of Rome.
But they needed an army to kill the Jews and destroy true Christianity. For this dirty job the Vatican used the children of Ishmael. The Bedions refused Catholicism ‘Then we’ll unite them with a new religion, so we can control them.’
The great religious conspiracy was under way.
At this time the Arab tribes were divided. Each worshipped its own idol. But they ALL honoured the ‘House of God’ called the Kaaba in Mecca. They claimed it was built by Father Abraham and his son Ishmael.
Inside the Kaaba were 360 idols. Behind each one was a powerful demon causing no end of problems.
Vatican spies were on the lookout for a potential leader for this new religion.
At long last they found a brilliant youth born of the Quraysh tribe in Mecca.
His name was Muhammad.
Khadijah, a beautiful Roman Catholic lived in a convent. Under orders, she married Muhammad, and the trap was set.
If the demonic conspiracy worked, the Arab world would soon be serving the pope.
About 610 A.D., Muhammad claimed he had a vision. “You are the messenger of Allah”.
Islam was born.
(Khadijah’s Catholic cousin, Waraquah, interpereted and influeneced Muhammad’s visions.
When Muhammad declared: “There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is his Prophet”…
Islam spread like fire.
Where did the name Allah come from? Abraham, Moses or Jesus never called God by that name.
Two popes secretly financed Muhammad’s military machine in exchange for Jerusalem.
In 630 A.D., Muhammad invaded Mecca… and cleared the Kaaba idols.
One of the idols belonged to Muhammad’s Quraysh tribe. It was called ‘Allah’.”
(in the Kabaa, four idols were named after Allah, and his three daughters, “al ‘Uzza”, al’Lat,’ and Mannah.”)
In essence Muhammad blasphemed God of heaven by calling his idol and its demon “The Almighty”. These two dark religions; ‘Queen of Heaven’ (Semiramis) and Allah (an idol) is what makes Islam.
Deceived? Yes, I’d say so.
What religion do u follow then if u are against Islam and Catholism

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
HotShot said:
wat exactly are guys arguing about? the world allah? or the god itself?
well i will answer both,
allah is simply the arabic word for god. just like saying god in chinese or in a different language.

in islam we believes that there is only one god. that means he created everything. same as christanity and judaism except in christanity you believe that jesus is his son (islam dont believe that he is a prophet).

Why islam came late? becuase it is believed that the jews and chrisitains were led astray (away from the religion of islam).

basically the biggest difference is that in islam, we do not compare god to anybody or anything, give him an image becuase we dont know how he looks like and his powers. Similarly to the prophet muhammed we do not give a beard and shape like jesus becuase we do not know how he looks like.

how do you know how jesus looks like? answers this!
Ppl were able to draw pics of Jesus, and the Shroud
Actually Jews dont belivie that Jesus is the Messiah, as they were looking for a mighty Warlord to free them from the Romans, and Jesus was like the original hippy

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
soha said:
yes confusing..i dont get how u guys understand the concept
and it has been explained to me by a number of people..on many occasions..
i cant comprehend it
It easier to understand with diagrams, however i dont know how to put pics in my posts

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Korn said:
It easier to understand with diagrams, however i dont know how to put pics in my posts
well i guess its gotten to tthe stage where even if u draw a map and diagram and make it easy and simple to understand
its gonna be hard..
coz i think to understand u have to believe..or to believe u have to understand
and i dont believe it
so i will never understand it
and i dont understand it so i will never believe it
if u know what i mean?

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
soha said:
well i guess its gotten to tthe stage where even if u draw a map and diagram and make it easy and simple to understand
its gonna be hard..
coz i think to understand u have to believe..or to believe u have to understand
and i dont believe it
so i will never understand it
and i dont understand it so i will never believe it
if u know what i mean?
I guess but to understand what others think u dont have to believe, cause ppl from other relgions can understand different religions, but they dont need to believe

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
i can understand your p-o-v korn..im a muslim (duuuuuuuh) but i see wut u mean by the trinity in your beliefs...it's just not part of our religion because we believe God doesn't need to have human counterparts to reach humans if you get me...He's omnipresent and above humanity. but respectin your beliefs nonetheless :)

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
i can understand your p-o-v korn..im a muslim (duuuuuuuh) but i see wut u mean by the trinity in your beliefs...it's just not part of our religion because we believe God doesn't need to have human counterparts to reach humans if you get me...He's omnipresent and above humanity. but respectin your beliefs nonetheless :)
Nah thats cool, cause im not actually too sure what i believe, i seem to have my own perspective on religion taken from alot of different ones

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
seeing as easter is like here
im going to talk about why muslims dont celebrate easter(coz im bored)
well firstly we believe jesus peace be upon him is a prophet and messenger of God
he is the son of mary..who was a virgin
neways..easter is about jesus dying for our sins..and rising from the dead etc..?
well..we dont believe prophet jesus..pbuh died
at the last supper..he said to the 12 apostles..who will take my place?
the youngest said i will

he asked again..the youngest said i will
then he asked again and the youngest was like i will..so the youngest took his place
by the miracel of God he changed and appeared to look like jesus..and jesus was raised to the heaven(where he is today)
and when the youngest guy died on the cross in jesus's place he dies as a martyr and went straight to heaven
neways...so thats how we believe he didnt die
however how were people supposed to know that it wanst him who died?..
he came back and told his companians..which is where the whole rising from the dead comes in..so the jews thought they killed him but he came back and then went to heaven
thats what i have been taught neways
so we believe hes a prophet and messenger
not a god..or gods son..or nething godly as such
how could he be a god..how could a god or son of god die?
how could a creater resembles the creation?..
how could god let his son die..or what..im so confused..
how can you be a god if u deficate and urinate and do human things?

thats how i see it..neways...sorry if neone is offended..but it doenst make sense to me
and i believe we are born pure and innocent..not of sin
and this is just a muslims view..im not trying to argue or debate with anyone..so plz..no rebutels..
well u can if u like but im not up for a big debate

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
in the spirit of good....spirit

HAPPY EASTER!!!
i will say it in reguards to the easter bunny
but i wont wish anyone a happy death of jesus..
so yeah happy easter bunny
what that has to do with religon..is beyond me
its commercial holiday thats right
i dont mind..i like chocolate

Jacks

HSC
physician said:
sorry I'm just a little confused... ( by the way.. this is really a question that i'd like to know the answer to.. rather than being a question to offend or attack.. just for the record)...

when u say God... are u referring to the trinity... ?
When I say God I just mean God...I believe in God in a similar way that muslims do, or at least to the extent to which I understand it. I've never believed in Jesus as being God as I believe that Jesus was on Earth to teach us how to better serve God, as a creation of God, but not God.

As far as what Jesus looked like goes the pictures of him are representations...to make it easier to comprehend the concept, since he was a real person Christianity isn't against having representations of Jesus. I understand that muslims reject anthropomorphic concepts of Allah and any notion of incarnation, and that it is a sin to do so, since the 112th Sura of the Qur’an expresses the unique nature of Allah “…there is none like unto Him.” Christians now are adopting the same idea, the only reason some Christians refer to God as anything specific such as male is because our religious texts are written and interpreted from a male perspective. Though we are now beginning to understand that limiting God to ‘male’ denies the fullness of God and diminishes God. Feminist theology deals with these ideals, though you'd probably have to study it to understand what I'm saying. While we may seem to have models of divinity (representations of God) we do still understand that God isn't male, can't be represented by anything or anyone...similar to what Muslims believe...younger children may be confused by references to Him etc...but if you really look into the religion many are trying to move away from such representations of God.

soha said:
i will say it in reguards to the easter bunny
but i wont wish anyone a happy death of jesus..
so yeah happy easter bunny
what that has to do with religon..is beyond me
its commercial holiday thats right
i dont mind..i like chocolate
We celebrate the rising of Jesus from the dead...that is the idea of new life, rather than his death. Easter eggs obviously represent new life, you know. Though I agree Easter has become a lot more about eating chocolate than anything else, same goes with christmas, it's more about getting presents than the birth of Jesus...a lot of things have become commercial these days...it's good if you like presents and chocolates...but I don't eat chocolate :|

Last edited:

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Jacks said:
When I say God I just mean God...I believe in God in a similar way that muslims do, or at least to the extent to which I understand it. I've never believed in Jesus as being God as I believe that Jesus was on Earth to teach us how to better serve God, as a creation of God, but not God.

As far as what Jesus looked like goes the pictures of him are representations...to make it easier to comprehend the concept, since he was a real person Christianity isn't against having representations of Jesus. I understand that muslims reject anthropomorphic concepts of Allah and any notion of incarnation, and that it is a sin to do so, since the 112th Sura of the Qur’an expresses the unique nature of Allah “…there is none like unto Him.” Christians now are adopting the same idea, the only reason some Christians refer to God as anything specific such as male is because our religious texts are written and interpreted from a male perspective. Though we are now beginning to understand that limiting God to ‘male’ denies the fullness of God and diminishes God. Feminist theology deals with these ideals, though you'd probably have to study it to understand what I'm saying. While we may seem to have models of divinity (representations of God) we do still understand that God isn't male, can't be represented by anything or anyone...similar to what Muslims believe...younger children may be confused by references to Him etc...but if you really look into the religion many are trying to move away from such representations of God.

We celebrate the rising of Jesus from the dead...that is the idea of new life, rather than his death. Easter eggs obviously represent new life, you know. Though I agree Easter has become a lot more about eating chocolate than anything else, same goes with christmas, it's more about getting presents than the birth of Jesus...a lot of things have become commercial these days...it's good if you like presents and chocolates...but I don't eat chocolate :|
from what i know easter is the celebration of spring
like the easter show..with baby animals and plants and jams and etc
and rabbits and giving out presents like chocolate eggs etc.. is a pagon celebration that christians have adapted..because they fell under the same time..
back in the pagon days..could be wrong..
i dunno..thats what i learnt neways

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
soha said:
seeing as easter is like here
im going to talk about why muslims dont celebrate easter(coz im bored)
well firstly we believe jesus peace be upon him is a prophet and messenger of God
he is the son of mary..who was a virgin
neways..easter is about jesus dying for our sins..and rising from the dead etc..?
well..we dont believe prophet jesus..pbuh died
at the last supper..he said to the 12 apostles..who will take my place?
the youngest said i will

he asked again..the youngest said i will
then he asked again and the youngest was like i will..so the youngest took his place
by the miracel of God he changed and appeared to look like jesus..and jesus was raised to the heaven(where he is today)
and when the youngest guy died on the cross in jesus's place he dies as a martyr and went straight to heaven
neways...so thats how we believe he didnt die
however how were people supposed to know that it wanst him who died?..
he came back and told his companians..which is where the whole rising from the dead comes in..so the jews thought they killed him but he came back and then went to heaven
thats what i have been taught neways
so we believe hes a prophet and messenger
not a god..or gods son..or nething godly as such
how could he be a god..how could a god or son of god die?
how could a creater resembles the creation?..
how could god let his son die..or what..im so confused..
how can you be a god if u deficate and urinate and do human things?

thats how i see it..neways...sorry if neone is offended..but it doenst make sense to me
and i believe we are born pure and innocent..not of sin
and this is just a muslims view..im not trying to argue or debate with anyone..so plz..no rebutels..
well u can if u like but im not up for a big debate
Does the quran contatin the Book of Genisis or its equvilant, because it says how the creator can look like the created, because he crafted man in His image

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)