• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Islam (2 Viewers)

sly fly

HSC
soha said:
i am nice
just not to pricks like waf
thats fair enuff
what do u expect when people treat me like dog...
Salams sis
Just wanted to remind you that if someone is being a prick to you, then you don't be mean/rude to them, but rather, treat them with kindness in return as our blessed prophet (p) taught. I know it's hard sometimes, but we should try our best not to let our emotions overtake us :)

wasalam

sly fly

HSC
Oh wait, I just remembered another two.....an Italian guy and an Asian girl :p

Jacks

HSC
Anti-Mathmite said:
*heartily laughs*

why is there always faggots on this forum who try to make out they converted to Islam after they read up on it and shit.

Sorry, but you're expecting people to believe that someone would accept cheep beer after they have tasted the finest of champaigne.

No one in their right mind would become a Muslim, beside someone who has been born into it (because they don't know any better).
I don't think it's your place to say that, there are converts to EVERY religion and that is just a fact. Plenty of people in their right mind have BECOME Muslim, and I don't know how much you actually know about the religion (which isn't stereotypical of course of driven by the media) but Islam, Judaism and Christianity all derive from a Semitic root and have a lot of similarities, of course they choose to express their faith in different ways, but some of the key teachings are the same. One of the biggest problem here is that people confuse culture for religious teaching.

YoungSaint

HSC
Wow Anti-mathmite Brother... Are you against Islam.. or just me?
Seriously brother.... i am a Muslim convert... i did it at the
Global Islamic Youth Center (GIYC) in Liverpool.. in front of hundreds
of people after a seminar from Shaykh Khalid Yasin
i pray five times a day as our Lord has instructed us to do...
i attend a Mosque every friday... and i am about to start goin to
the Lukemba Mosque to pray...
Do you have a problem with me Brother..??
if so please tell me.. and tell me why..
i have done nothing to upset you.. and i never disrespected you
brother..!! so please let me know

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
YoungSaint said:
Wow Anti-mathmite Brother... Are you against Islam.. or just me?
Seriously brother.... i am a Muslim convert... i did it at the
Global Islamic Youth Center (GIYC) in Liverpool.. in front of hundreds
of people after a seminar from Shaykh Khalid Yasin
i pray five times a day as our Lord has instructed us to do...
i attend a Mosque every friday... and i am about to start goin to
the Lukemba Mosque to pray...
Do you have a problem with me Brother..??
if so please tell me.. and tell me why..
i have done nothing to upset you.. and i never disrespected you
brother..!! so please let me know
alhamdulilah
my friend also converted at sheikh khaleds lecture
actually 2 friends..and ive witnessed about 21 people convert at sheikh khaled yasin lectures suphan'allah
im so happy for you brother..:)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
YoungSaint... Didn't I explain it to you before that using affectionate terms towards someone you're having an argument with is condescending and rude? Do you disagree with me or are you actually trying to be a jerk?

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
sly fly said:
Salams sis
Just wanted to remind you that if someone is being a prick to you, then you don't be mean/rude to them, but rather, treat them with kindness in return as our blessed prophet (p) taught. I know it's hard sometimes, but we should try our best not to let our emotions overtake us :)

wasalam
peace to you aswell!

and thats the extent of my arabic iam afraid so whats wasalam and alhamdulilah?

sly fly

HSC
Serius said:
peace to you aswell!

and thats the extent of my arabic iam afraid so whats wasalam and alhamdulilah?
lol thanks

asalamualaikum= 'may peace be with you'

salam=shortened version of asalamualaikum

wa= 'and'

therefore 'wasalam' = and may peace be with you

alhamdulilah means all praise/thanks be to god

sly fly

HSC
Young saint, don't worry about mathmite, just ignore him.......he has some sort of a vendetta against Muslims

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
YoungSaint... Didn't I explain it to you before that using affectionate terms towards someone you're having an argument with is condescending and rude? Do you disagree with me or are you actually trying to be a jerk?
i have to agree with u on this. it makes it sound like ur gay, and that u have no respect to the person to whom ur talking to

Talk/type in a manner that is respectable, tolerable and most important of all be realistic.

veterandoggy

A Restless Member
Somewhere yonder where the sun never rises
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
LMAO!! did you really say that to him, or are you making fun of him?

on a different note, i cant be bothered atm to squeeze my brain to say what has already been said, seeing as there is no use.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
lets take this discussion to a whole new level. This part is mostly for the muslim girls but feel free to answer aswell guys

Muslim to non-muslim relationships and eventually marriage

How does your religion affect you in relation to picking a partner? I have met some very lovely muslim girls but never have i got a vibe from one of them.
Does your religious beleifs mean you would be adverse to marrying someone who is not a muslim? if not are there other religious requirements e.g if not muslim must atleast be christian or something like that.

Cause basically i am a very open guy, for some reason when it comes to picking partners i have little to no problems with different races, religions or other wacky stuff, aslong as the person is good inside.

And well, muslim girls, even if i dont follow their religion myself, they are pretty desirable as a long term partner, dedication to something alone and bravery[especially facing the pubic post 9/11] are pretty cool traits, but theres other stuff aswell, like they seem to be more family oriented which would be really cool in raising some kids the right way

So not that iam more attracted to muslim girls over other groups or anything, but should i completely elliminate those thoughts cause its not going to happen or what?

I know theres the whole no sex before marriage thing, and surprisingly iam pretty cool with that, i know when it comes time to find a permanent partner that sex or not sex is not going to be a deciding factor, and ive allready thought about it by chance because of another random strong christian girl

If i were to persue a muslim girl, how hard would it be? Ive faced some bad parents before and i assume alot of muslim parents would probably hate me, would this effect you girls personal decision about a possible partner?

what type of long term arguments do you forsee? one i can think of is to do with raising the kids, you know OMGZ U CANT SEND THEM TO A MOSQUE! or I CANT BELEIVE YOU WOULD DRAG THEM TO A CHURCH! lol could be quite funny
and would these possible arguments deter you from marrying a non-muslim, seen as marrying a muslim would elliminate most of these problems

so what it comes down to is, if you met the perfect guy[well not really perfect but good enough] except he was not muslim, would you give him a chance? or completely dismiss the idea of attraction based on his religious beleifs

and the second question, if you were to date aforementioned guy and it was going like a dream, would you consider marriage?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
for starters it is forbidden for a muslim female to marry a non muslim male
however a muslim male can marry a non muslim female as long as she a follower of eitehr judiasmor christianity(follower of the books ) blah blah

it is a no go zone ..i would never consider dating a guy if he wasnt muslim
altho i have many male friends who are not muslim..and i get along with them just fine and im even attracted to some of them
id never go there
and they know that
unless he converts then theres basically no chance
even if i fell in love its like..no..
and thats from a religious point of view

if i didnt care(which i do) then i could prolly marry whoever but it would be bad and sinful and the marriage wouldnt be recognised under islam so yeah
i cant even answer half ur q's because i cant imagine marrying anyone if they werent muslim..
id marry any race colour culture ethnicity etc etc..but he has to be Muslim
and i also have standards
he has to be a good devout religious pious educated knowledge seeking blah blah muslim...so not just any jo blo

ive met alot of nice great smart respectable non muslim gusy with high morals and good ethics etc etc ..and i think "dam what a shame ur not muslim" haha..total marriage material
but ive had a guy ask me if he converted would my paents accept him..lmao
i said no because i didnt want him to convert just to be with me..if he wants 2 be muslim its for the sake of God and himself..not anyone else..
nehoo ..that is all for now
so over it

sly fly

HSC
Serius....if she is a practicing Muslim, don't even go there. Muslim girls aren't allowed to marry non-Muslim guys. With regards to Muslim guys being able to marry non-Muslim girls, some scholars are of the opinion that they can't while others say that they can if the girl is Christian or Jew.

Anyway, to answer your question, I'd never marry a non-Muslim guy. Many reasons:

1. It's prohibited in Islam, but even if it weren't -

2. The most important thing I'm looking for in my future hubby is that he is very religious, that he is a devout believer and follows the prophet (p) with all his heart. Everything else will also follow - if he's religious then he will be kind, gentle, loving, caring, humble, pious, have beautiful akhlaq (ie. manners/way of behaving) etc etc. Not that a non-muslim can't have these traits, but if he's a very good Muslim, these things are like guaranteed long term.

3. I can't ever imagine myself loving someone who doesn't hold the same beliefs as me, I wouldn't even marry a sunni Muslim for example, because there are too many differences in beliefs, and I can't love someone who didn't have the same role models as I do (ie. the prophet's family (p)) and whose role models are people that I dislike.

4. Too many problems with the kids - I'd want my kids to have an Islamic upbringing yet when they get older, to have the choice to either accept or reject Islam. What will you name the kid for one? Will you name him Mustafa or Michael? lol do you see where this is going?

5. Too many problems with the husband - eg: I won't tolerate any drinking, smoking, pork, gambling, parties etc etc in my house.

6. I want my hubby to share my spirituality with me, when I feel weak in spirituality for him to be there to lift it and vice versa. When I do something that's discouraged in Islam, I want him to correct me and vice versa....basically, to help eachother get closer to God. I also want to be able to share the awesome feeling I get when practicing Islam with him, I want to practice Islam together.

Apart from this, you'll often face HUGE opposition from the parents. My parents aren't too religious but alot of Muslim parents wouldn't even allow a cross country or cross village marriage, let alone a cross religion marriage (what I meant by cross village marriage is, for example, in Lebanon, you've got ''jnoob'' which is south Lebanon.....alot of parents from jnoob would be opposed to letting their kids marry someone from baalbak (another area in lebanon) for instance).

I don't have any problems in marrying an Aussie guy, for example, if he was Muslim.....like my bro's friend, he's Aussie Muslim and reallyyyy good looking, I wouldn't mind marrying him :D. Race isn't really an issue but religion is a huge issue.

There would just be too many difficulties.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
2. The most important thing I'm looking for in my future hubby is that he is very religious, that he is a devout believer and follows the prophet (p) with all his heart. Everything else will also follow - if he's religious then he will be kind, gentle, loving, caring, humble, pious, have beautiful akhlaq (ie. manners/way of behaving) etc etc. Not that a non-muslim can't have these traits, but if he's a very good Muslim, these things are like guaranteed long term.
i dont think thats true, religion has very little to do with how kind or gud person is. I am sure Osama Bin LAden is very religious and devout, why dont you go marry him? you dont know whats guarenteed long term.
3. I can't ever imagine myself loving someone who doesn't hold the same beliefs as me, I wouldn't even marry a sunni Muslim for example, because there are too many differences in beliefs, and I can't love someone who didn't have the same role models as I do (ie. the prophet's family (p)) and whose role models are people that I dislike.
beliefs are nothing- you believe in god , but do you trust him? you can believe in the sky fallin down. lol you can believe in anything.

4. Too many problems with the kids - I'd want my kids to have an Islamic upbringing yet when they get older, to have the choice to either accept or reject Islam. What will you name the kid for one? Will you name him Mustafa or Michael? lol do you see where this is going?
As for the names, its doesnt really matter after all its a name. As for the kid and religions that should be ultimately his choice, wheter he wants to be a muslim. As a mother your responsiblity is to take care and not make choice for him that could change his life.
. Too many problems with the husband - eg: I won't tolerate any drinking, smoking, pork, gambling, parties etc etc in my house.
not every non-muslims smokes, eats porks, gambles etc. Though you find quite a few muslims smoke, and 'rape'.
6. I want my hubby to share my spirituality with me, when I feel weak in spirituality for him to be there to lift it and vice versa. When I do something that's discouraged in Islam, I want him to correct me and vice versa....basically, to help eachother get closer to God. I also want to be able to share the awesome feeling I get when practicing Islam with him, I want to practice Islam together.
You cant get closer to GOD as its a belief. You belief can get stronger, but doesnt mean anything. i dont think ther is any feelin when you practice a religion-aprt from 'am i wasting my time'.
Apart from this, you'll often face HUGE opposition from the parents. My parents aren't too religious but alot of Muslim parents wouldn't even allow a cross country or cross village marriage, let alone a cross religion marriage (what I meant by cross village marriage is, for example, in Lebanon, you've got ''jnoob'' which is south Lebanon.....alot of parents from jnoob would be opposed to letting their kids marry someone from baalbak (another area in lebanon) for instance).
AS I said its ultimately your choice, your parents shouldnt have to make the choice for you. After all they are not marrying ur hubby, u are.
I don't have any problems in marrying an Aussie guy, for example, if he was Muslim.....like my bro's friend, he's Aussie Muslim and reallyyyy good looking, I wouldn't mind marrying him :D. Race isn't really an issue but religion is a huge issue.

There would just be too many difficulties.
Thats the problem, religion shouldnt be an issue, its discrimination, how different is person who follow islam to a person who doesnt, they both have the same number arms legs etc. they both are HUMAN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)