Islam (1 Viewer)

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SabtheLab said:
soha, i went to that khaled yasin lecture too!! did you go to the friday one about youth and reality ? that was excellent. i was so inspired by the friday and the sunday one! which row were you sitting in on sunday?
oh i only went to the one on sunday
koolies
i was sitting right at the back..with my mum and sister
we were kind of isolated
there wasnt many people so i prolly saw u but didnt know it
where were you sitting?

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
i was the one in the white top and denim skirt me and the other 4 people left half way through yasins lecture, because my family friends daughter hadto get to work and so we left early.

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SabtheLab said:
i was the one in the white top and denim skirt me and the other 4 people left half way through yasins lecture, because my family friends daughter hadto get to work and so we left early.
hang on..what natio r u?
and did someone you were with have a stroller?

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
yeh, our family friend had the stroller, her daughter had to get to work (i was the one with the scowl on my face). im half-leb, half syrian (actually 3/4 syrian). you?

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SabtheLab said:
yeh, our family friend had the stroller, her daughter had to get to work (i was the one with the scowl on my face). im half-leb, half syrian (actually 3/4 syrian). you?
oh her daughter..is egyptian..and her name is yasmina?
neways..if thats her then she is my sisters husbands sister..
and i was sitting at the back..you would have seen me on your way out
im lebanese..koolies
r u going to his next lecture which is a fundraiser at plumpton on the 4th of june..saturdsay night
if so..i just might see u there?

SabtheLab

Mindlessly Acuminous
HSC
yeh,aziza and yasmina. who's your sisters husband? his name? is it hafez?
tell me more about the fundraiser at plumpton. id like to go but i havnt heard anything about it........

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
SabtheLab said:
yeh,aziza and yasmina. who's your sisters husband? his name? is it hafez?
tell me more about the fundraiser at plumpton. id like to go but i havnt heard anything about it........
ok yasmina is my sisters husbands sister
they have the same father
her father is something? kandil
i dont remember their dads first name but yasminas brothr is called mohammad abdullah kandil and hes married to my sister sima

lol
neways the next lecture is a fundraiser for the poor
the tickets are $40 per person or $80 for a family of 4 or 5?
its a dinner..which is actually free..but the money u pay goes to charity and pays for the hall etc
khaled yassin is speaking and the topic i think is the poor and needy
i dont know very much..but it will be good inshallah
the organisers are a fiji'en muslim group
neways ask yasmina to ask abduallh about it they can get u tickets
and if u go..i might see u

HotShot

-_-
HSC
soha said:
wtf are you talking about
islam liberates woman
the religon itself
you look into islam and what koran and hadith says and follow it properly and you are liberated
so i dunno what you are trying to say here..
if you follow real islam woman are free and liberated and such
yes many waman dont realise
many woman dont know their reanlislmaic rights and duties
like myself..i knew some rights but when you go to a lecture or someone teaches you in depth..you realise even more how liberating and good islam really is for woman

stop taking something beautiful and turning it into something ugly
um how does that make you free, rather it entraps you into the religion. being free is not being part of any religion, making your own laws and rules (having your own boundaries). by following something (anything!) ur not free rather abided by its conditions or laws.

freedom varies from person to person. its not the same for all of us cos we all are different.

anyways dont take in an offensive way. (I am just here to bug ppl).

its interesting to note tat about the comment the feminist movements. But have there been any feminist movements against religion? If so i need this information. thanks.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
I know Muslims love to say that Islam liberates women in theory but I think we have to look at the religion in pratice which due to heavily patriarchal interpretations women do not have alot of rights and are supressed and subjugated. I mean Muslims always go on about Islam in the theory but the way it is manifesting itself in reality is what is important and I think instead what they can do as Muslims to change this and the way many Muslim women are treated. And I think the version of Islam most appropriate will emerge from muslims who have grown up in the west because they have the opportunity to mould a new muslim identity.

And don't telll me that Muslim women were the first to be able to own property and inherit and that there have been so many great Muslim women Aisha etc. I know that but I think Islam has lost that and instead of looking to the past Muslims should look at Islam in the 21st century.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
HotShot said:
um how does that make you free, rather it entraps you into the religion. being free is not being part of any religion, making your own laws and rules (having your own boundaries). by following something (anything!) ur not free rather abided by its conditions or laws.
Umm for most people Australian society and western countries religion isn't a big factor in thier lives but they are still entraped by different social codes and expectations. So really your whole argument about a person being free doesn't make sense. And religion for many can liberate them because they then don't feel like they are bound by these social norms.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ahh

but everyone is affected by social norms. we all have to work there is really nothing else to do.

yes social things do control us, but that is for another reason entirely nothing got to do freedom. religion only has to with freedom why?

social thingys are made not to control us but rather to have a sense of "freedom", that is, it is deriving a false defintion of freedom to the community.

If think about the more free people in the world were the savages, barbarians and the first humans, because they had no religion or social thingys. they had to what they wanted to do rather having someone or something tell them to do something.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
actually, there haven't been any feminist movements within or towards the religion.
are you sure? confident about your answer!

Thats very interesting isnt it.

Sweets

objective subjectives
HSC
tangerinespeedo said:
actually, there haven't been any feminist movements within or towards the religion.
I don't know about that but you may be right. What about in Iran, feminists such as Amina Wudud (spelling??)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
nevetheless

it is very unfair how women have been treated in the past and even sometimes today.

but its sortof got to with male pschology as well,

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
Sweets said:
theory . I know that but I think Islam has lost that and instead of looking to the past Muslims should look at Islam in the 21st century.
no in islam if we want to move forward
we have to look back
if we wnat to take one step forward in islam we need to follow the ways of the prophet and sahaba and tai'ebeen and look back
thats the way it works

tempco

HSC
Sweets said:
I don't know about that but you may be right. What about in Iran, feminists such as Amina Wudud (spelling??)
any so called "muslim" nation is fake. amina wuddud, or any other feminist in any middle eastern country is not fighting against islam, but rather against the culture which is ingrained in society and/or governement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)