ISIC Student Travel Card (1 Viewer)

lawrence.h

HSC
hey I was just wondering, has anybody ever gotten this card to travel overseas and get discounts?

I just want to know about the process involved in ordering this card online. Because it appears as if you can just choose your date of birth without any verification needed (meaning, I could use it to make it appear as if I am 18, and from a foreign country and they would let me into clubs here in Australia even though I'm 17 :p )

But yeah, I'm not sure if I can really do that on the website.
If anybody knows and they've ordered it through the website before, could you tell me exactly what happened?

Peartie

HSC
I did it throguh the website

u order on the website

then you send a copy of ur student ID (or something from the educational institute) and a photo.

then they send the card

It isn't a valid form of Age Verification so you cant use it for clubs

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I went into STA Travel. I needed ID, a passport sized photo and proof I was a full time student which meant I had to go to the university and get a printout of my enrolment details which specifically said "Full time"

The lady said they're quite strict because they get audited.

I used my ISIC card in Israel and received massive reductions on public transport in particular. You need to check where you're going and where you want to use it to see if they accept it.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
I got mine from STA so I could get cheap flights when I went to the States over Xmas (they threw it for free with my flights). Haven't tried to use it for discounts anywhere because most of the places I went had flat prices or were free.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)