• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is Usyd really like this? (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Jermir Caesar said:
1) Tell me, what is it about the SRC that makes the competition so rife? What do they do, what powers and privileges do they possess, that they want the position so badly and have a train of followers to aid them in their cause?

2) On the Sydney Uni Open Day I talked to the head of the Union Budget after his lecture. I asked him why the government would bring in the VSU even though it has so much opposition and it only affects Uni students. He told me that when Peter Costello and Tony Abbott were in Sydney Uni, the Union bashed them to pieces.

"What, literally?" I asked incredulously.
"Nono," he chuckled, "let's just say they disagreed... strongly. Now its their turn to get revenge, under the guise of 'preventing political partisans from propagating their personal predilections'. It's sad, but c'est la vie."

How much of this is true?
None. And Abbot (and Costello afaik) were members of the DLP, so I don't see why the Union would have been "out to get them".

Phanatical

Happy Lala
HSC
There SEEM to be more of them than there actually is. There are a core group of about 100 people across the main universities in Sydney, who appear at every single protest, election and event across every single uni. Recently, students were offered iPods to head over to UWS to get students there to attend a special meeting to make changes to their constitution.

munchymoocow

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
Yeah we do have politically minded students at UWS. Annoying fucks
Regardless of the issue at hand, is it a good sign of the times that political apathy (especially in this climate) is the new black?

leslie229

HSC
hey i wrote this thread ages ago

lol i sure was stupid back then i've gained some sense since so thanks all!

doing my hsc now and hoping to join all you lovely people at sydney

leslie229

HSC
brogan77 said:
reading the comments section i recognised the username of one of the people posting in the comments section, in this post he also referred to some of my friends and asked tonch if he remembered the incident. Then i emailed him and asked who it was and voila.
Do you and SydneySpy go to Heartbreak High?

The no uniform, no single-sex, no religion.. poorly funded school... it must be good ole Heartly

leslie229

HSC
I reckon i'll be experiencing it all for myself soon!!! I'll be there soon (MOST LIKELY!!!) :D I hope to see you all!!

Collin

HSC
N/A
Especially with all that lube I got you for Christmas Brogan.

Collin

HSC
N/A
KY, Astroglide.. you name it pal. That lube kit emptied my wallet, but anything for hawt anal sex.

leslie229

HSC
UAC must have been listening, cuz i am COMING TO USEEEEEEEEED :rofl:

leslie229

HSC
I haven't met any of you hos in my entire 6 weeks at usyd.. what's your problems?????? :p

leslie229

HSC
Wow, you're so witty. I bet you're one of those super smart people in philosophy lectures who asks 9 minute questions just so everyone else can phantom-fondle your amazing amazing brain.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

niteshade1312

HSC
leslie229 said:
Wow, you're so witty. I bet you're one of those super smart people in philosophy lectures who asks 9 minute questions just so everyone else can phantom-fondle your amazing amazing brain.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I hate those people!!! Lecturers arn't for asking questions, and I especially hate the people that wave their hands and you can't see!!! RARARa You all know who you are!!!

leslie229

HSC
The people in linguistics lectures are the worst!!!!! THey go on and on on little spiels and their voices are all nasal and gross eww i hate them

leslie229

HSC
omg cant believe this message is so here, I feel like a mature age student or something now lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)