Is Usyd all its cracked up to be? (1 Viewer)

kitkatkittyau

HSC
Everything you hear about Usyd is the prestige, blah blah blah. Is the university really as good as its rep, is what I'm asking. How are the lectures, the tutorials? Is it really worth it?

Libbster

HSC
you will be competing with the nerdiest of all nerds. i'm talking shirts tucked in, pants pulled up under armpits, top button done up, socks and sandals etc etc

u will most likely get a few dodgy lecturers/tutors but overall usyd is excellent.

jpr333

HSC
brogan77 said:
Yes.

It is the greatest university you will ever get to experience.

Your life will be better if you go there.
Quoted for truth.

shes_jinxed

HSC
it depends on your course

I do biotech and its a bit of a mixed bag so lectures i absolutly love others i would happily knaw my own arm off to get out of

but overall its great with science i find we dont get as much assesed work as say UTS but the exams are worth heaps and they is so much theory they expect you to learn but its all good
some subjects are taught really well some i hate but you cant love everything right
obviously i couldnt say if id enjoy another uni more but i love sydney + the social side is great

melimoo

knows how to rave
HSC
well it shits all over UNSW right now in regards to science
they just got their anatomy license pulled or some shit. haha. source unconfirmed

Rorix

HSC
Doubt there's that much difference between the major universities.

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
kitkatkittyau said:
Everything you hear about Usyd is the prestige, blah blah blah. Is the university really as good as its rep, is what I'm asking. How are the lectures, the tutorials? Is it really worth it?
Different universities suit different people for different courses - if you wanted to do actuarial studies for example, you wouldn't come to USyd.

Research WHAT it is you want to do FIRST, then figure out which university is best for it.

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Are more interested in the psych aspect of the degree or do u just want a balance of subjects?

Olsen

Hates cold mornings..
HSC
Hmm...in my opinion if you are thinking of heading into clinical psychology Macquarie is the one to go for as you can do psych only subjects from 2nd year onwards.

However, if you are interested in both the non-psych subjects as well as psych you will have to decide in which areas the various unis are strongest in. All the best.

Try attending the open days if you can or else ask friends/family or emailing the various uni departments with questions.

gerhard

HSC
psych is pretty sweet at sydney
i have nothing to complain about

maq is also meant to be good

A

adamsaclown

as is unsw. half the psych faculty at sydney were brought over from unsw in an attempt to modernise us somewhat

A

adamsaclown

slively03 said:
If what you want to do happens to be “prestigious,” fucking go for it. If not, who gives a flying fuck, as long as you’re happy.
slively03 said:
In the end, all that matters is getting your genes into the next generation anyway.
Isn't that precisely why people care about prestige? More prestige --> better mate. Maybe not in the context of universities.

T

Testpilot

slively03 said:
In the end, all that matters is getting your genes into the next generation anyway.
Some people shouldn't aim to do this. It would make the world a better place.

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
brogan77 said:
Apparently Albert Einstein once commented that "If there were more Universities like Sydney Uni in Germany, Hitler wouldn't have come to power."

Source
He was a wise man...still, wouldn't have been accepted at Sydney. Not hot enough.

Essentially Sydney uni is racially divided. If I want to hang out with hot white people, white asians and eurasians I go to Manning.

If I want to hang out with ugly white people and asians who pronounce their l's as r's and are generally humorous in their antics I go to wentworth.

If I want to hang out with people who say 'bro' a lot (which is never) I would go to the forecourt in front of wentworth.

If I want to hang out with Christian Americans or weirdos with circus gear I go to that grassy amphitheatre on the corner of Manning Road and Fisher Rd.

If I want to avoid Marxist propaganda i stay at home as you are bombarded by it everywhere you go.

Anyone who disputes this is lying to themselves. You know it's the truth. The uni is totally racially divided.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
slively03 said:
Basing your life around “prestige” – in other words, what other people think of you – is probably the surest path to putting a 12-gauge in your mouth before you’re forty I can think of. Ultimately, it’s no different than spending your life trying to impress the “in-crowd,” and fuck that shit – to thine own self be true. If what you want to do happens to be “prestigious,” fucking go for it. If not, who gives a flying fuck, as long as you’re happy. In the end, all that matters is getting your genes into the next generation anyway.
Oh shuttup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)