Is uni ORIENTATION necessary to go? (1 Viewer)

ne plus ultra

HSC
I m currently oversea and wanna spend as long as possible with my family here, like stay oversea till the end of Feb or the beginning of March, yes therefore I may miss the orientation.
so can anybody already attached in uni tell me if the uni orientation sooo necessary to go? what do we gonna do on that day? are we going to choose our important subjects (or choose watever..courses?..) on that day?

btw I m international student. the orientation for our international students may days before the main orientation. that's the point I dont wanna attend...bad me......XD

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
maybe ask the uni forums ? We aren't exactly knowledgable on that field, nor do I think we are really thinking about that right now. :)

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
ne plus ultra said:
I m currently oversea and wanna spend as long as possible with my family here, like stay oversea till the end of Feb or the beginning of March, yes therefore I may miss the orientation.
so can anybody already attached in uni tell me if the uni orientation sooo necessary to go? what do we gonna do on that day? are we going to choose our important subjects (or choose watever..courses?..) on that day?

btw I m international student. the orientation for our international students may days before the main orientation. that's the point I dont wanna attend...bad me......XD
I'd say it's essential, but I can only speak from experience. I live on-campus, so the Orientation Week really helped out in getting used to life away from home and living with total strangers. But on the academic side of things, we chose all our subjects in O Week, we got advice on where to go and what to do, and we also got familiar with the campus so we actually knew where to go. As I have no idea as to which uni you're looking at going, I can't really say for sure, but I'm fairly certain the academic side of things will be useful in the future even if it doesn't seem so right now. I'd say your best bet is to come back in time for orientation; even if there'sno apparent intrinsic value to it right now, coming back the day the semester begins will mean you start on the back foot if only psychologically. You really don't want to be playing catch-up from Day One.
ne plus ultra said:
are we going to choose our important subjects (or choose watever..courses?..)
I'm not really sure what you mean by the it I've underlined, but you need to have been accepted into a course before you actualy go to university. I don't know when preferences come out, but you can't simply show up on the first day without having been accepted.

ne plus ultra

HSC
oh okay i d better join the orientation anyway i think, it must be better for me to get on well with strangers....

You will have to be there to enrol in the subjects for first year, which are done early in the semester, and obviously enrolment in the university.
thank you, it is what i asked for, and thank ObjectsInSpace too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)