Is Tupac the best musician to ever live? (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Whether or not he actually played piano doesn't matter. But if he did he probably sucked

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC

Convict state
It just don't rate
He want to get higher
Apple Isle, the inbred smile
He's going to get by'a
His mother's hand
He could not stand
He left for the islands
To fish and hunt
He take a punt
The New Guinea Highlands

Ohhh Errol
I would give everything just to be like him

He had to go
The Sirocco
He's sailin the high seas
Hollywood, Captain Blood
He's billing the Nazi's
Took a rebel stand
Contraband
Coast of Mexico
He want to pounce
Like an animal
To girls he just can't say no

Ohhh Errol
I would give everything just to be like him(x2)

He had them all
Screamin for more
He play the wild scene
Ah scandalise, no compromise
He's down on his knees
Swashbuckling
He was the King
The toast of Tinseltown
They build him up
They took it all
And then they just cut him down

Ohhh Errol
I would give everything just to be like him(x2)

Don’t tell me it’s true
I don’t wanna hear about it (4x)

Ohhh Errol
I would give everything just to be like him(4x)

spiny norman

HSC
WannaBang? said:
And it has been stated that Tupac may actually be a better poet than Shakespeare. I totally agree.
I likewise have heard that stated, and concur. I really wish everyone would get off this guy's case, he just gave an opinion, a pretty justifiable one at that. You might think it somewhat contentious, but you can't deny that there is some level of creedence to the argument for Tupac being the best musician/poet to ever live.

I think the reason so many of you are skirting the issue through personal attacks rather than addressing the statement at hand is because you have no solid argument against it.

I also think it may have something to do with racism. Tupac did more for blacks in America than any other musical artist, and that much you can't refute. In fact, aside for Martin Luther King and perhaps Barack Obama if (when?) he becomes president, I can't think of many individuals in general who've done more in the fight for racial equality in America.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
Right for the wrong reasons.

in general, lebos think 2pac was great because his music makes them feel like thugs.

its simple. its childish and a can be construed as a surface judgement. but its the correct. and if a sociologist were to conduct a precise study with that aim. the results would correlate with what i'm saying.

2pacs fanbase ranges dramatically, from those that respect the man and his art, those that love hip hop, to those that love pop-rap, wannabe-gangsta pieces of fucking shit who should be eradicated for the good of fucking society. LISTEN TO THE MUSIC DONT TRY AND LIVE IT. I know that alot of rap artists get frustrated because they have such dumbass fucking fans who perpetuate the stereotype against hip hop because of the very fact that these fucking wannabe cunts, these fucking trend-following scum-of-the-earth fucking chicken shit cunts think its cool to role play their favourite song, or music video.

fuck that.

Last edited:

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
tupacs lyrics (the non-secks ones) are brilliant

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
as much as i fucking hate tupac, i do like 'pour out a little liquor'. i still think he's the most overrated hip hop artist ever along side the likes of 50 cent.

fernando

Poo
HSC
N/A
icraig88 said:
as much as i fucking hate tupac, i do like 'pour out a little liquor'. i still think he's the most overrated hip hop artist ever along side the likes of 50 cent.

his career basically started the war of east coast vs west coast. but if you exclude all of that stupid music war crap and actually read his lyrics and the structure of it and everything.. it's the BEST out of all.

50 cent lyrics are so SHIET!!!!!!!!!!!!! he can't sing he can't rap he can only put a few basic words together that rhyme. can't compare Tupac to fiddy

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
he is overrated though. you look at people like rakim, big daddy kane, ll cool j, kool g rap, beastie boys, epmd, masta ace, slick rick, run dmc, boogie down productions. they been putting shit waayyyy before he even came on the same. they're lyrical content shits all over pac. it was artists like these who made hip hop fun and not all for the money. they weren't about the money, they did it for the love and passion of hip hop. it's a culture, not a business. pac brought hate and anger into the scene and i found alot of his tracks quite demeaning and contoversial.

icraig88

Can I Kick It?
HSC
also, you had groups and artists around his time who could spit so much better than him. look at artists like the roots, a tribe called quest, the pharcyde, big pun, a.z, outkast, de la soul, jeru the damaja, nas, big l, leaders of the new school, heiroglyphics/souls of mischief, mic geronimo, d.i.t.c, the fugees, redman, gang starr, black moon, aceyalone, WU-TANG (plus affiliates like sunz of man), onyx, mobb deep, pete rock and cl smooth, jay-z, main source. any of these shit all over pac.

edit: also charizma and peanut butter wolf, easily the most underrated duo of all time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)