is this year depressing you? (1 Viewer)

anarekrap

HSC
Well, in the case of myself I can say that indubitably, the HSC is depressing me. The incessant stream of assessments, and equally constant stream of receiving marks back is horrible. Even though I don't think i have done absolutely terribly, I am still dissapointed even by the loss of marks because I think you automatically think... oh yeah thats another 3 off my 100 of schoolbased coursework... i'm gonna get a shit uai and not get into uni

This is what i feel like is going to happen to me!:bomb:

-pari-

HSC
N/A
i have my down moments.....but on the whole, no i'm not constantly depressed by the hsc.

yeah it is a very fast paced year - something we're not used...but -shrugz- in a way the fast pacedness kinda keeps me on my toes....and i never get work done otherwise.

also try to look in perspective about your marks. there is a tendency to think oomg i just lost 3 whole marks off my whole internal assessment ...crap!

but rememeber its your raaankks that count :D

and dont get too bogged down, coz u can always make it up in the next assessment :wave:

Helenoftroy

HSC
yer :mad1:
im only in yr11 as well, but the first assesment i get back of the year I got 53% on, i make silly mistakes in my maths and lose marks, and i really dont know what to fix things

m0ofin

HSC
N/A
For your uni woes, you'll be told countless times that there are plenty of ways to get into your course if you don't quite meet the mark. One way is a transfer, where you go into similar course of a lower requirement for a year or so and then swap over to the one you actually want or something, though, I'm not too sure on the specifics.

Of course, it might take a bit longer to finish your course but hey, as long as you get there in the end.

Legham

HSC
Its not depressing, its just too time consuming.. i do shit all of my homework and schools still cutting into my bodyboarding/drinking/other-social-activities time..

bmwz4

HSC
i dno, it doesnt feel like im doing the hsc...i get moments when im motivated and times that i dnt really care..so yeah

LaurenHarvey

HSC
yes... I am sick of all the competition and pressure... all people want to know is what mark you get and what rank you are.I don't feel like a person, just a number... can't wait for this all to be over

bmwz4

HSC
LaurenHarvey said:
yes... I am sick of all the competition and pressure... all people want to know is what mark you get and what rank you are.I don't feel like a person, just a number... can't wait for this all to be over
omg i feel the same way...i hate how evry1 in the grade has to know

vorahk

HSC
i really dont like it when you ask someone what mark they got and they say it was really crap, but it was better than yours. they're like implying your mark is really realllly reallly crap then.

only some are like that though, luckily.

just-a-stranger

a humble child of God
HSC
LaurenHarvey said:
... all people want to know is what mark you get and what rank you are. I don't feel like a person, just a number...
hahaha, same here.

cl3nta

HSC
cheer up! it's an experience you won't forget :D also look forward to what you're going to do the day you finish :) haha goodluck guys

HSC
LaurenHarvey said:
with thousands of ppl doing the HSC, you can't be anything else but a number.

Season

HSC
Doing the ACT system we had to deal with most of this stuff last year so now we couldn't care less what everyone else is doing just sit down, and work.

'just deal with it' is my motto

ie
life is crap... deal with it, you have no other choice but to work, not working is not an option

w00dy.

HSC
the only depressing thing is the competition for rankings and assessments.

my strategy to overcome this problem; only disclose my marks to the people i feel comfortable with and or not tell anyone at all. it saves the stress and the 'omg i beat you by like 1 mark...' or whatever other cliched speils there are

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^ its annoying though that even despite restricting those who know your mark, word spreads like fire anyway.

LenaSaturn

Cheese worshiper
Sydney, NSW, Australia, Southern Hemisphere, Earth
HSC
Yeah I know how you all feel, I am stressing really bad & what makes it worse is I am currently suffering mild panic attacks in maths so I am really dreading my 1/2 yearlys next week. I have assignments due right now & heaps of work I am behind in... don't know how I am going to cope through out the rest of the year...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)