Is this subject good (1 Viewer)

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
Hey guys im at the moment where i'm chosing my yr 11/12 subjects and i'm really confused because i really want to choose biology and pd and their on the same line, i want to do one science and the only science that i like and is very good at is biology, i'm really really bad at physics and chemisrty i fail any topics on them, i could have chosen biology but the problem is that i really want to do pd i've heard it is really interesting and fun so i'm thinking to just force myself to do chemistry and then i could choose pd or should i just choose biology over pd.

square-nothing

HSC
both are awesome

gadbil said:
Hey guys im at the moment where i'm chosing my yr 11/12 subjects and i'm really confused because i really want to choose biology and pd and their on the same line, i want to do one science and the only science that i like and is very good at is biology, i'm really really bad at physics and chemisrty i fail any topics on them, i could have chosen biology but the problem is that i really want to do pd i've heard it is really interesting and fun so i'm thinking to just force myself to do chemistry and then i could choose pd or should i just choose biology over pd.
bio and pe are my fav subjects. choose one and ask if you can do the other by distance ed but make sure you get a tutor. it all comes down to the teacher so the one you like best do that subject at school. if you are thinking about a career in the sporting industry make sure that you do chem because it ive heard it helps heaps. if you can only do bio or pe cos distance ed is ruled out there is always bridging courses.
i do pe, bio and chem and they all tie in rather well.

square-nothing

HSC
Without Wings said:
We never did "fill out meanings" or crosswords. We did lots of notes, questions, group work etc. It was fun. And then we when we did PA we'd either do PA that related to the theory we were doing, or we'd get to chose what we wanted to play.
i wish i got to do some prac. its all theory for me masses of overhead sheets and dictation. but its still awesome!!

khandigirl

psychotic wench
HSC
you guys did prac?! :O *is envious like all hell here*

to gadbil, Have you considered senior science?.... just as an option perhaps that maybe on a different line?

Otherwise, I can tell you that distance education is an option, one that I am currently undergoing... It is worth it if you are very set in doing the subject you chose to do by dist.ed, as it requires more work.... having said that, you usually get given a "mentor" within your school... usually a senior teacher within the area, e.g, I have the head of science as my mentor for senior science.

All I can say, is that both biology and PDHPE are great subjects, so do what you feel is for the best, but dont feel that you have to sacrifice one of these for the other if you can not decide.

If you need any help with anything, (e.g whats in the course... although im sure you may already know / have asked people already etc, distance ed), feel free to pm me:)

P

pLuvia

It's a shame biology and PDHPE is on the same line, because they work well together, but yeh it's a personal choice, we can't choose for you

Srixon

HSC
do biology and forget about PE do Sport LIfestyle and recreation it is way better then PE as PE invloves alot of theory and SLR involves alot of practical very minimal theory.

But hey its your choice it just depends wat u want to do later on in life

gadbil

DALAL*****DALAL
HSC
Thanks everyone for your help is was very useful i appreciate it alot and i chose pd over biology because i realised i was more interested and had more of a passion for pd.
Thanks

khandigirl

psychotic wench
HSC
heyyy gabdil:D

great choice:D
stay with this forum and I assure you that you will find alot of people willing to help you as much as they can:D great bunch of ppl on the pdhpe forums... very helpful:D

have fun with your choices:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)