Is this right? (1 Viewer)

dezzy

HSC
I got in the mail today (like everyone else) my notification of hsc results and UAI. The UAI letter shows me what units were included in my UAI. I think they have made a mistake.

They say that they include the best 8 units after english.

Well my lowest mark was geography 71
for drama i got 76.

They didnt include drama in the calculation of my uai but instead used geography. This is wrong isnt it?

Should i call UAC and complian?

Lainee

HSC
No, I don't think that's wrong. Try reading You and Your UAI, page 6-7 where it discusses a similar scenario. Chances are that your scaled Geography mark turned out to be higher than your scaled Drama mark - thus the reason why Geo was counted towards your UAI. "Just by looking at your HSC marks, it is not possible to tell which coruses will be included in your UAI."

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
They always use the best combination of units to give you your highest possible UAI.

Plebeian

dezzy said:
I got in the mail today (like everyone else) my notification of hsc results and UAI. The UAI letter shows me what units were included in my UAI. I think they have made a mistake.

They say that they include the best 8 units after english.

Well my lowest mark was geography 71
for drama i got 76.

They didnt include drama in the calculation of my uai but instead used geography. This is wrong isnt it?

Should i call UAC and complian?
Definitely not. There is nothing wrong ... Lainee is right in that geography, when scaled, was higher than drama. Basically, a 71 in geography is "worth more" than a 76 in drama because better students do geography than drama. If you want to know exactly how it works, search this forum for the difference between scaled and aligned marks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)