Is this possible? Double degree B Psych (Hons)/ B HRM ? (1 Viewer)

:kaz.n:

HSC
Hey everyone, I am going to commence B Psych (Hons) at Macquarie Uni this year. If I am looking at a career in human resource management/organisational psychlogy is it possible and advantageous for me to do a double degree like B Psych (Hons)/ B Human resource management and how would I go about this?

Thanks alot:)

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
yes it is possible and i think it would make an excellent combination to do hrm and psych. in fact for the last couple of months ive been looking into doing this myself and what you can do is a concurrent degree

all the information you need is on this website http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Undergrad/index.htm

scroll halfway down and look for "Concurren degrees". its on the far left and click the link.

im doing HR atm and i too want to get into organisational psych. the guy who made the HR course said they were looking into providing a combined degree (hrm/psych) but i havent heard anything about that in awhile.

good luck with it man and well done on getting into MQ

HSC
Thanks alot for that info and the luck :)

Would it be much more tough doing a combination like the one listed above, as in contact hours, course content? And should I choose my first year subjects to match what BHRM students have to do (provided that there are no prereqs)?

Thank you!

ps. What is the UAI cutoff for BHRM? It says "N/A" on the MQ website...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
We had to ring up the HRM office quite a bit, and from what i remember, the interviews were only for non HSC entrants, the others with a 90+ uai were accepted? (skittled remember what it was?)

Skittled

What did the crab do?
HSC
AsyLum said:
We had to ring up the HRM office quite a bit, and from what i remember, the interviews were only for non HSC entrants, the others with a 90+ uai were accepted? (skittled remember what it was?)
...I don't, sorry dude.. :(

Last edited:

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
is it possible to take psych(hons) as part of a concurrent degree or would they only let you take arts-psych?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
Im pretty sure you cannot do a double degree with Bpsych (honours), at least, not concurrently. Barts-psych yes, but not the honours degree.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
i thought as much ...

hey man just say i apply to UAC this year for psych(hons) at MQ and i get it (its a long shot but let's play pretend), would i be able to defer for a year to finish off my current degree???

and another thing, can you start a concurrent degree from second semester???

thanks

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Cyan_phoeniX said:
Im pretty sure you cannot do a double degree with Bpsych (honours), at least, not concurrently. Barts-psych yes, but not the honours degree.
*confused* So does that you can't combine an honours degree with something else concurrently?

Cyan_phoeniX

HSC
N/A
kami said:
*confused* So does that you can't combine an honours degree with something else concurrently?

Im not certain, but i think ive heard that is the case for psych honours. Im pretty sure that at least when your doing 4th year psych (the honours bit) it is full-on, and you wont be able to do any other units (it even recommends you dont work anymore than 25 hours per week on the website when your in the 4th year).

You should probably ring the psych office to make sure though, i could be wrong.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
:kaz.n: said:
Hey everyone, I am going to commence B Psych (Hons) at Macquarie Uni this year. If I am looking at a career in human resource management/organisational psychlogy is it possible and advantageous for me to do a double degree like B Psych (Hons)/ B Human resource management and how would I go about this?

Thanks alot:)
on another note :kaz.n, I can hook you up with a real nice internship at a HR firm, one day a week, pm me if you want it.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
zahid said:
on another note :kaz.n, I can hook you up with a real nice internship at a HR firm, one day a week, pm me if you want it.
why you hooking him up??? im the one actually doing HR here!!! hook me up ... plz??? :D

HSC
I'm thinking of doing a concurrent degree...

what do u think would go well with my B International business....

Im thinking, Com - marketing or Human resources... what do you guys think..

HSC
Hey Zahid man, please tell fornstar the details of the HR job...He is actualli doin HR n I just got offered chiro...Im thinkin bout accepting it....so yeahh he actualli neeeds it haha.

fornstar

QUEENSLANDER!!!!
HSC
:kaz.n: said:
Hey Zahid man, please tell fornstar the details of the HR job...He is actualli doin HR n I just got offered chiro...Im thinkin bout accepting it....so yeahh he actualli neeeds it haha.
yeah what he said! lol :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)