is this annoying for anyone else? (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
this is an easy topic and all but it's shit to do cause my parents are separating at the moment and i get enough of this shit at home without having to go to school and hear about it there. :| it makes me very disinclined to actually show for legal. is anyone else in a similar situation?

roadcone

HSC
Not that I am in this situation, but I have actually sat in class before thinking that it must be awkward, annoying for some people. Especially when going through like support payments and stuff when the person I sit next to's father just ran off and they have never got like anything.. One a different tangent for a second, one girl in my class stopped coming to class because she was raped and involved in one of the high profile rape cases or something and were doing something in class that was vaguely related to it (from memory it may have been sexual assault in the women topic) and she got fed up with the teacher talking about rapists and stuff (this girl is slightly strange tho) but yeah I think there are some topics that you do in legal that can be quite personal or something like that

HSC
We'll be starting it soon and my parents split up recently but I can hopefully manage. I'm more concerned about how boring the topic sounds

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
yeh it's not like it's killing me to do it, i'll survive and all, it's more annoying because i try and ignore the shit that's happening at home while i'm at school

my family's still in crisis point tho, i'm sure it'll settle down soon

aimeelaba77

HSC
yeah it completely sucks the big one, im in the same situation and going to school to learn about divorce theoretically just reinforces all the shit im trying not to think about.....

still i spose i could be worse.....

santaslayer

HSC
At least you'll be semi informed about the issues your parents (and yourself) are going through.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I'm sorry 2 hear that glycerine :(
That must b heaps hard 4 u...
Is ur teacher supportive tho, and ur friends?
If it gets 2 much 4 ya, just leave the class if it gets too bad and come back when ur calmed back down again

pig_93

HSC
i understand cos one of my mates is going through ur situation...

at the start though, our teacher said something along the lines of "if this is uncomfortable for you, u can leave at any time"
i mean, thats fully nice of her and all and respectable,
BUT
doesnt that mean these people are missing out on syllabus??
they're at a disadvantage...

i mean they have to stay but then again they kinda cant if it gets too much ie in things like divorce and domestic violence esp

its a hard situation

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)