• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is this against the rules??? (1 Viewer)

Guage

HSC
Howdy all EE2er's,

I'm considering doing EE2 next year, but I don't really know the rules with regard to Major Works. I've been a member of some writing forums (where members post up their short stories etc and get peer-reviewed).

But say next year I post up bits of my major-work on the writing forums (short story format) and people give opinions/feedback and such, and I modify my work based on other's advice, does this go against any plagiarism rules (ie. using other ppl's advice expertise)?

One part of me thinks, definitely off limits, anyone could get some pro-writer to write up their major work. But then the other part thinks: if our teachers/tutors/mentors can help us, then the people on these boards are just mentors as well?

Apologies for my ignorance :santa:
Thanks

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
So, you're probably heaps better off PMing your MW sections to bosers who are happy to give feedback rather than posting on bos itself hey.

Guage

HSC
So, you're probably heaps better off PMing your MW sections to bosers who are happy to give feedback rather than posting on bos itself hey.
Not really sure what you're saying. You mean that next year I should ask other BoS'ers to review my major work via Private Messaging? Is this allowed, and do people do that for free? :confused:

Thanks

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
Not really sure what you're saying. You mean that next year I should ask other BoS'ers to review my major work via Private Messaging? Is this allowed, and do people do that for free? :confused:

Thanks
The nicer members wouldn't mind. But, I guess, it's just putting your work on the public domain increases the chances of it being stolen by somebody else. Then the culprit/s and YOU are screwed. Yes, you get screwed too. SO, to minimize that risk, PM-ing EX HSC students for feedback is the way to go.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)