is there still time? (1 Viewer)

cupcake08

HSC
ok, i usually try not to whinge to much on these forums, but i wanted to bring this up and see if anyone else felt the same way or had any advice.

term 4 last year went fine, i was happy with the marks i got back in all my assessments and my ranks were good. however, these half yearlies just past weren't so good. some i did ok in, but there were one or 2 i was really not happy with, and i know i could of done way better. i studied all this stuff that wasn't relevant and wasn't tested, what was tested i had only brushed over, i got flustered and missed questions and stuff.

anyway this has kind of really stuffed me up at the moment, cause its detracted a lot from the motivation i had at the beginning of the year. and i feel like this could seriously affect my chances of getting the marks i ultimately want in the hsc, because obviously consistent marks throughout the whole year are important and half yearlies were worth quite a bit.

anyway advice anyone? :( please tell me i'm not going to fail at life and become a toilet cleaner.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
I'd say just work harder on these next assignments and the trials and actual HSC coming up. There is still around 50% of the course assessments to go in most cases and there is always room for improvement and the gaining of higher ranks through these next assessments.

In short, work hard and get good ranks, then destroy the HSC exams, and you'll be fine :)

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Don't grieve too much over it. A healthy way of treating it is to improve and learn from it and be optimistic (but I guess it's hard to just BE optimistic...). The 'irrelevant' things that you studied may actually be the core areas that the examiners will ask in the trials and the HSC, and you may actually currently be ahead of your peers in those areas without you even knowing it!

But realistically, if you cover the areas that you think you didn't do too well in (in the exams), you will be back on track, and your motivation will be greater than ever because you've experienced HOW BAD IT IS TO BE OFF TRACK!
The Half-Yearlies are just internals by the way - rank wise. Atleast they weren't the actual HSC exams...

You definitely won't fail in life, and that's the worse possible way to treat it. It's unhealthy and it'll make other people go crazy, just like how I went crazy with that other dude in the other thread hahaha :D :D :D

Although, if you REALLY feel down, just remember that it's ONLY 4 DIGITS that comes up on your computer screen at the end of the year...at the end of the immature year 12...at the end of the stressful and lifethreatening HSC. It's not the end of life, nor is it the determining factor for what you should do in life. You can always go to University with a UAI of 60. Personally, I'd be happy with any UAI as long as I get into Uni, because in Uni you can work your ass off and get extremely high marks (gpa = grade point average eg: high distinctions etc) that will allow you to get a transfer into your desired course (in which I'm assuming you will need high marks).

So, good luck, I guess.

Legham

HSC
Doing bad in the exams should motivate you to work harder! Learn from your mistakes, then kick some fucking ass (not mine) for your next exams.

And leave the toilet cleaners out of this. I'm sure theres some very nice ones out there.

Shrikar

MλĐ€ IŇ ĮŃĐĨλ
HSC
Uni Grad
Legham said:
Doing bad in the exams should motivate you to work harder! Learn from your mistakes, then kick some fucking ass (not mine) for your next exams.

And leave the toilet cleaners out of this. I'm sure theres some very nice ones out there.
Lol, well said.

Sofstar

HSC
You're not going to fail in life and become a toilet cleaner.

Use this as a so called turning point. Like the others said, we havent finished and still have much to go. Trials will be worth more.:eek:

williamc

HSC
There is still around 75% of the course left, of course you can fix your mistakes.

nichhhole

asndihsCfuckingansbdiuahd
HSC
is there still time?
i freaking hope so.
and even if there isnt.. lets just believe there is..
then that way we dont give up..

cupcake08

HSC
hahaha ok i'll lay off the toilet cleaners.

thanks heaps guys, that makes me feel a lot better :)

Last edited:

Legham

HSC
zangetsu.xo said:
so it should.
there's still a lot of time left. just dont procrastinate and work work work.
we're all here for you, aren't we guys?? :D
:uhhuh:

The first step to not procrastinating is to get off BoS ;) (unless your using it to get subject help)

HSC
yoakim said:
Don't grieve too much over it. A healthy way of treating it is to improve and learn from it and be optimistic (but I guess it's hard to just BE optimistic...). The 'irrelevant' things that you studied may actually be the core areas that the examiners will ask in the trials and the HSC, and you may actually currently be ahead of your peers in those areas without you even knowing it!

But realistically, if you cover the areas that you think you didn't do too well in (in the exams), you will be back on track, and your motivation will be greater than ever because you've experienced HOW BAD IT IS TO BE OFF TRACK!
The Half-Yearlies are just internals by the way - rank wise. Atleast they weren't the actual HSC exams...

You definitely won't fail in life, and that's the worse possible way to treat it. It's unhealthy and it'll make other people go crazy, just like how I went crazy with that other dude in the other thread hahaha :D :D :D

Although, if you REALLY feel down, just remember that it's ONLY 4 DIGITS that comes up on your computer screen at the end of the year...at the end of the immature year 12...at the end of the stressful and lifethreatening HSC. It's not the end of life, nor is it the determining factor for what you should do in life. You can always go to University with a UAI of 60. Personally, I'd be happy with any UAI as long as I get into Uni, because in Uni you can work your ass off and get extremely high marks (gpa = grade point average eg: high distinctions etc) that will allow you to get a transfer into your desired course (in which I'm assuming you will need high marks).

So, good luck, I guess.
Nice. :uhhuh: Good post.

HSC
I've love to see that again; it's very entertaining. :D

Oh and cupcake08, there are many people in the same boat as you.

Chocolat

HSC
I agree with pretty much everything that everyone else has said here, so I won't bother repeating it :D.

What I will say is that you shouldn't think of the HSC as the be all, end all...OMG MY LIFE IS OVER IF I DO NOT GET A UAI OF 95! Because, really it's not. There are various other ways to achieve whatever your professional dream may be :D. When there is a will, there is a way!

But anywho...enough of my motivational crappola haha. For the time being, forget about those half yearlies and focus on what's ahead which will definitely be worth a lot more and has to test the stuff that wasn't tested in these exams :D. You'll be fine...more then fine I'm sure :D.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)