Is there anyone who has both the Legal Studies and RE exam on Friday n/w? (1 Viewer)

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
I am, and im stressing so much. How are you coping with it? Because Legal studies has wayy more content and its so much harder than RE. Ive studied heaps for LS for past few days and im concentrating on english now- but i wont have time for RE cos ive been focusing on family and consumer essays and a few crime areas and theres only the afternoon after eng modules exam to do some cramming. Its not fair, i hate whoever scheduled the hsc dates. I know of a few people who have both LS and RE and they're screwed for LS cos they didnt organise their study properly. I did, and im still stuffed.

How are you guys going about it? cos i have no idea what to do in terms of organising myself or what to study in such crammed amount of time- i think im going to waste my time stressing about it on thursday and stay up all night and morning prior to exam studying legal, and perhaps the 1and half hours break in between exams for RE> should i just attempt to study only the Cross Religion Study (religious rites) for the essay? Cos everything else in RE is preety simple. Ive never done two exams on the same day and so this is all new to me .

Also, does anyone know an easier way of remembering legislations and cases? I called the HSC helpline and the lady told me that i should write legislations and cases under syllabus dot points in order- it still not helping me . Im also having a shit time understanding Consumers thorougly.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
Yes I am...
after AOS, im studying for legal and SOR
tues, im studying for legal and SOR
wed im studying for english adv all day
wed nite ill cram for legal and SOR

its gonna be hell :(

on a more positive note I find writing a case and decription helps.
E.g. Donoghue V. Stevenson recognised that a manufacturer has a duty of care to consumers.

also The Crimes Act 1900 NSW is the main piece of legislation dealing with Crime in NSW

u do a document typed up called LCMD and study that. Thats what i'm doing.
therefore u got all the LCMDs u need and that way, its easier 4 u 2 c wat u need 2 know rather than it being all over the place...

Hope that helped:)

[Joe]

Last edited:

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
I feel way sorry for us Legal Studies people with Eng, Legal and SOR so close together.

Damn the Board.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Thanks Joe :). Atm, im in the process of doing a LCMD sheet for Family, Comsumers and a short Crime one- i just dnt know how many cases and legislations im going to include. Ive already done the family one, and geez its long/

Im going to spend Monday Arvo, Tuesday and Wednesday on Eng Modules becos i havent studied at all for it and its sooo hard!!. ive spent half of this week already on LS so i cant afford more time on it anyway, and no RE study means- kimi=totally screwed. So i think Thursday afternoon after that awful 3hr modules exam, im gonna stay up all night to do RE and Friday morning prior to exam on LS and then the the break on RE again.
Geez, lifes gonna be a bitch next week.

And yeh, agree with you Meldrum- fuck u BOS. Argh, about 8essays in the space of 5days.

goan_crazy

HSC
Good 2 hear Kimi
LCMD 4 crime
include cases 4 elements of crime:
Mcconnel case-intention
Blaue 4 causation
Shappelle Corby-international crime... we all love hearing about that :rolleyes: NOT :mad:
Dusko Taddick-international crime
Legal Aid-Dietrich V. R-this is an important one:D

want more...see the crime LCMD thread
good luck Kimi :)

James, I didn't know u did SOR :shocked:

Yeah, and we got maths on mon the week after which is my worst subject...
5 exams in the first 6 days for me- gonna be hell

roadcone

HSC
yes i have legal and sor. in fact pretty much everyone who does legal at a catholic school will have this scenario, so take some solace in the fact that you are not the only one who has this timetable.

on the postive also (if you do sor1) be cheering at the fact that you don't do 2u, or you would have 6hrs of exams.

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
roadcone said:
yes i have legal and sor. in fact pretty much everyone who does legal at a catholic school will have this scenario, so take some solace in the fact that you are not the only one who has this timetable.

on the postive also (if you do sor1) be cheering at the fact that you don't do 2u, or you would have 6hrs of exams.
I know im not the only one with this timetable- i go to a catholic school too so i do know. Im just asking around... and perhaps will hopefully unstress me slightly to know there are also other people who are in same situation. :)

goan_crazy said:
Good 2 hear Kimi
LCMD 4 crime
include cases 4 elements of crime:
Mcconnel case-intention
Blaue 4 causation
Shappelle Corby-international crime... we all love hearing about that NOT
Dusko Taddick-international crime
Legal Aid-Dietrich V. R-this is an important one :D

want more...see the crime LCMD thread
good luck Kimi :)
lol, will do :) And lol, i betcha heaps of people are going to mention the sharpelle case.. i think. But yeh, good luck to you too :) from what ive seen, you're a smart cookie so you'll do brilliant. :D

Last edited:

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
who's the other one, michelle leslie?

goan_crazy

HSC
kimi said:
My cousin's fiancee is one of Michele Leslie's close friends. The lot of them are snobs.
sorry, who the hell is Michele Leslie?! :eek:

kimi

C U Next Tuesday.
HSC
N/A
Shes a model and shes charged for possession of ectascy in Bali. I think she might get 10-15years(?) if convicted. Not as bad as the Sharpelle case.

still waiting

HSC
Meldrum said:
I feel way sorry for us Legal Studies people with Eng, Legal and SOR so close together.

Damn the Board.
feel sorry for me i have all those and geography in the first week....fun fun... at least i only do sor1 otherwise id be having a major meltdown.....

Julz_05

HSC
Me toooo!

hey guyzzz
yeh i have legal and religion on the same day heaps of people at my school have it as well! why legal there is so much content u no!! ehe anywayz but think of it this way we will get half of done in the first week!! and btw does anyone have maths on the monday!! its like trials timetable but hey we get it over and done with!rite?!

=slade=

HSC
yea, i also have legal n 2u re on the same day..bah!
how badly will we be marked if we dont know lots of cases? our teacher was shit

goan_crazy

HSC
=slade= said:
yea, i also have legal n 2u re on the same day..bah!
how badly will we be marked if we dont know lots of cases? our teacher was shit
LCMDs are essential
know a few at least
if u need help...
see my LCMD threads in all the subforums...
its a stickied thread :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)