is there a certain amount of entries needed for the process log??? (1 Viewer)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
It all depends on your teacher. Some would expect 50 000 pages. Other might only expect 4 or 5 entries. Im not kidding.

charmed_cuties

Bubblegum girl
HSC
well i've got about 18 or 20 entries and its quite long as well! coz the otha time my friend overheard me talk about the process log and he said that it doesn't seem like i did a lot, and he then he said that he wrote a couple of entries each month about his english extension 2 major project!
At the moment i'm polishing up my process log, synopsis, annotated bibliography (about 9 pages long) and essay!

tWiStEdD

deity of ultimate reason
HSC
My teacher suggested that I only needed enough to give the impression of continued work. Look at the syllabus, it will tell you allllll you need to know :)

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
That's a little strange of your teacher to tell you such a thing. Unless she isn't marking your major essay :p

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
theres no set word/entry length 4 the proposal. 2-5 entries per month should be fine. its just important 2 keep showing that u are workin on developing ur individual focus/essay and that ur reflecting on the nature of history and learning more about what history is etc. everyone does it differently - soem ppl will have less entries but write really long ones and some ppl will put in heaps and heaps of short ones. mine's pretty big, but i dont think that they have 2 be. oh, and try 2 make it look like u havent done it all at once!

aeraw

i was told to put in at <least> one entry per week, and given the amount of time that we had it for i had about 35+ entries in the end...its not all the hard, if you just analyze one source or something per week you should be fine

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I was a bit of a dumbarse and didn't realise the process log was worth anything (It's a 2,500 word essay, people eat those for breakfast all the time without needing a log... well... yes but after a few hours...)

The point is - my log started off ok, ended with 1 sentence per entry and we'll see how it holds up to teacher scrutiny...

greeninsanity

all love is equal
HSC
my teacher said the log just needed to be there, it didn't matter how detailed it was (thank god! it's hard to invent...)
and our class got a sample one that was done monthly, so i copied that format.
really depends on who's marking it though.

classics_chic

HSC
charmed_cuties said:
I'm not sure how long my whole process log is gonna be? I think its too short and doesn't seem like it has a lot of entries in it!
I'd say one page entrey per week (less length if there are more entries, but don't make the entries any less than that). I'm against fudging as a general rule, but fudge if you have to here. (To anyone seeing this when they begin their project- don't get into this situation!)

Best of luck! :)

Caratacus

HSC
N/A
The best process logs are where the student uses the log to really develop their thoughts and arguments on the project & its historiography. I've seen logs that are more than 200 pages long, chock-full of thoughts, ideas, reflections, notes for further research, theories, musings on historiography, etc etc.

What's good about logs like these is that they benefit so strongly the student that writes them: that is, they are a powerful learning tool for historiography.

classics_chic

HSC
Caratacus said:
The best process logs are where the student uses the log to really develop their thoughts and arguments on the project & its historiography. I've seen logs that are more than 200 pages long, chock-full of thoughts, ideas, reflections, notes for further research, theories, musings on historiography, etc etc.

What's good about logs like these is that they benefit so strongly the student that writes them: that is, they are a powerful learning tool for historiography.
I completely agree (but it's way too late to be getting people to do this!)

Don't be scared by the 200 page process log, it depends on what it's worth and also it depends on the personality. That's not expected.

Good luck! :)

Caratacus

HSC
N/A
>>>it's way too late to be getting people to do this!

I entirely agree, classics_chic - and I've seen very good logs that were much, much shorter than 200 pages. The usual length would be in the 8-30 pages range, & its very possible to do a respectable log at that length.

I was just mentioning REALLY good logs I've seen: the Sistine Chapel ceilings of IRP logs. They are rare. The ideal is to begin the log way back when you begin the project, & use it as an ongoing tool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)