Is the School for excel;lence overrated? (1 Viewer)

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
Notes: Heard it's alright.
Lectures: Not that great as expected.

Therefore notes: Not overrated.
Lectures: Overrated.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend wasting your money on this. If I knew people from other schools that did this back in the day, I would just try and scab notes like Clint did :).
funny thing is I only ever looked at them a handful of times and most of them were just to laugh at them cause me notes were better :p

gabgab

HSC
The notes are very good, but i wouldn't say fantastic... they do explain the main concepts qute well though.

Chem lecture was good, but there wasn't enough time to go through all of the sections, just the main ones.
I loved the quanta lecturer, explained the entire topic really well. I think he was the best lecturer there when i went :)

Oh and if you're like me and are just going to make sure you're learning the right thing, don't go. Money would've been better spent getting a tutor for a bit >.>

Thats my Physics teacher.. :D

edit: That WAS my physics teacher. I don't do school now. sad, really.

Last edited:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Thats my Physics teacher.. :D

edit: That WAS my physics teacher. I don't do school now. sad, really.
Naww hehe. He actually made learning that topic at home by myself much more bearable ^^

But yeah, try and scab notes if you're that desperate XD

sam64mcd

HSC
The best thing about TSFX for me was to see my competition and get a second opinion on the course I was studying. Being from a pretty bad central coast school, I was able to work out how much more I had to study to keep up with Sydney and selective school standards.
However.
If I was to do my HSC again, I wouldn't have bothered with it. It was a confidence booster, but a very expensive one.

jessmooka

don't leapfrog unicorns.
HSC
The thing is, for the Summer Lectures, you have only covered a terms worth of stuff in your class, so 80% of the lecture you are struggling to understand what it is on about. The notes are good, but I admit I used textbooks much much more than the notes in my prep. It was an expensive way to say 'I went to Sydney and attended a HSC Lecture' to all my public school mates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)