Is the School for excel;lence overrated? (1 Viewer)

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Well I heard their notes but are their lectures any good? I'm particularly interested in the sentence:

YOU WILL Learn how students barely passing Year 11 secured positions in Medicine and Law!

So what does everyone think?

Lukybear

HSC
Ive seen the note as well, and i heard from friends that this program was completely crap. But since i havent had the raw first hand experience to prove it or anything.

astroe

HSC
Notes - Good and comprehensive.
Lectures - Not so good and rushed.

LordPc

HSC
Notes - Good and comprehensive.
Lectures - Not so good and rushed.
this pretty much, notes are under their dot point heading which is very good, not all dot points done though (eg, the researchy type ones)

although if u pay attention you can learn some stuff in the lectures. they taught le chateliers principle a lot better than my teacher did.

martinc

HSC
I'm interested in this now.. can anyone provide me with information please?

Pyrokinetic

HSC
Yeah their notes are really good and detailed but not worth the amount they charge per lecture (~$60) at all.

I've been to their English, Maths 3u, Bio and MH lectures and still have their notes, i lost my Bio ones but still have the rest in good condition. I'll sell their (really thick) booklets for $10 each if interested now that im done with the HSC, because seriously don't pay for the lectures its a COMPLETE waste of money. Just PM me.

I blew prob hundreds of my parents money on them. :evilfire:

LordPc

HSC
eh, if you could be bothered to sit down by yourself and do some actual work at home, you would get more out of your time. but for some people its just easier to go to a lecture theatre and listen

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
I loved my experiences with tsfx.
I went to the summer, july and october lectures. I did english in July only (they weren't the best. Really, only the hamlet lecture was great)
Other than that, al three times, I did physics, MaX1 and MaX2. In my opinion, the july ones were the best, and well worth the value. I got a discount coz I did the summer ones too. The 3U ones were the best.
I would try the summer ones, and if you like them, then go to the July ones, which are the most intensive. You do need to be motivated though.
I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't try. I can only vouch for those subjects though =]

LordPc

HSC
I loved my experiences with tsfx.
I went to the summer, july and october lectures. I did english in July only (they weren't the best. Really, only the hamlet lecture was great)
Other than that, al three times, I did physics, MaX1 and MaX2. In my opinion, the july ones were the best, and well worth the value. I got a discount coz I did the summer ones too. The 3U ones were the best.
I would try the summer ones, and if you like them, then go to the July ones, which are the most intensive. You do need to be motivated though.
I can't think of any reason why you wouldn't try. I can only vouch for those subjects though =]
really? no reason at all?

how about because my bathroom contains rolls of toilet paper, and not rolls of $100 bills like your bathroom

biopia

WestSyd-UNSW3x/week
HSC
really? no reason at all?

how about because my bathroom contains rolls of toilet paper, and not rolls of $100 bills like your bathroom
Lol, I can understand it can be a little expensive. I am just speaking from my perspective though XD
I honestly found them worthwhile.

Just my opinion =]

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Depends on lecturer

Notes are fantastic
The notes are very good, but i wouldn't say fantastic... they do explain the main concepts qute well though.

Chem lecture was good, but there wasn't enough time to go through all of the sections, just the main ones.
I loved the quanta lecturer, explained the entire topic really well. I think he was the best lecturer there when i went :)

Oh and if you're like me and are just going to make sure you're learning the right thing, don't go. Money would've been better spent getting a tutor for a bit >.>

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
I haven't been to their lectures but ive got their notes. Like all notes you find from these companies, I think they always lack some details however they're okay if you like to combine your resources to make your own notes. I wouldn't rely on them though.

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Notes: Heard it's alright.
Lectures: Not that great as expected.

Therefore notes: Not overrated.
Lectures: Overrated.

Personally, I wouldn't recommend wasting your money on this. If I knew people from other schools that did this back in the day, I would just try and scab notes like Clint did :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)