Is the PIP underweighted? (1 Viewer)

bling05

HSC
I dropped Society and Culture at the end of Year 11, and with good reason.
I had the option of picking up Extension Two English or carrying on with S+C.

I obviously made the correct decision, as S+C requires you to undertake a huge research assignment which ONLY counts 15% overall (30% external), which in my opinion is next to nothing considering how much work is necessary for the PIP to be a success. Plus after completing the PIP you have content based assessments and an exam, whereas with EngX2 you don't have an exam.

Anyone else irritated by it's weighting?

Last edited:

polinaaa

HSC
I FIGURED THAT OUT TOO!
I was so angry! (STILL AM :mad:)
Although my options were French or S&C, so I wasn't as lucky as you in the end...

Sventina

HSC
If the PIP was weighted too much more heavily, and there was a misadventure involved, it would be difficult to come up with an estimated mark instead.

Also, considering Extension 2 english has a huge weighting on the major work, no exam and fairly poor scaling unless you get in the high 90s, SAC ends up beingmore practical.

But maybe that's just what I think.

asylumgirl

HSC
logically the understandable ammount of work which goes into the pip, alot of the work is rather...easy?? wrong word but simple.

you find a topic which you can apply easily to the course concepts, blah blah blah primary and secondary reasearch and aply that to methadologies. you basically spell it out for the markers by making it obvious.

extention 2 on the other hand has no guidelines, etc etc so thusfore harder to complete well.

unless natural tallent to writing is held i would think it impossible to get a fantastic mark in extention 2.

i also agree with Sventina.

bling05

HSC
Sventina said:
If the PIP was weighted too much more heavily, and there was a misadventure involved, it would be difficult to come up with an estimated mark instead.

Also, considering Extension 2 english has a huge weighting on the major work, no exam and fairly poor scaling unless you get in the high 90s, SAC ends up beingmore practical.

But maybe that's just what I think.
Haha, EngX2 has poor scaling? What exactly are you smoking?
S+C scales down the shitter if anything.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)