Is the duke of ed worth it? (1 Viewer)

ButteryNucleotide

HSC
i personally only did bronze, but i found it really rewarding 😛 i did it in year 9 so it didn't impact my studies that much (grades don't really matter in year 9) however that should be the least of your worries. the hike and the hours dedicated towards skill acquisition, sports, and volunteering can be challenging, and you will have to stay consistent with your logs. duke of ed really took me out of my comfort zone and taught me a lot about resilience/perseverance etc.

u definitely should do it v.tex!

Cathode_RT

HSC
Its alright - Did bronze in Year 10

Does it help with confidence? I suppose. Is it fun? The camps are fun, and the other three activities are really up to you, so do something you like.

And to answer your question? big eh tbh. Its a nice addition on the resume, but not really relevant after you get your first job. Employers tend to care more about prior work experience over stuff like duke of ed post HSC. If you are doing the Gold/Silver award however, it can be used for some bonus points for Uni entrance I believe.

Do it for fun, its a good experience and a nice award/accomplishment to have. You can use it in interviews to highlight qualities about yourself, ie: "I displayed leadership in my Duke of Ed Award, which can help in the workplace blah blah"
But overall, employers/unis wont really care about it on your resume, its just an extra thing you can have if it comes down to a tight decision over similar candidates, but a lot of other things, like SRC/Prefect or other awards in things like sport/debating/chess etc do the same.

aqwerty13402

HSC
Does the duke of ed actually get you more options after school- is it even worth doing?
i swear i answered this same thread like a month ago. Its helpful if you get far enough. I only did bronze so it hasnt really impacted me. I thought it was super fun tho. One of my friends fell head first down rock steps. I dont think i have ever, or will ever laugh that hard again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)