Is quantity over quality better with Coleridge? (1 Viewer)

Khelebraz

HSC
From what I have heard we are supposed to use 2 poems when talking about Coleridge for our prescribed text.

Is this a requirement, or just advisable. Currently I have only been making reference to Lime Tree, however I have covered it in much more depth than if i were doing two. Can we get away with this or will we be marked down for it?

Thanks

AxelLoder

HSC
Khelebraz said:
From what I have heard we are supposed to use 2 poems when talking about Coleridge for our prescribed text.

Is this a requirement, or just advisable. Currently I have only been making reference to Lime Tree, however I have covered it in much more depth than if i were doing two. Can we get away with this or will we be marked down for it?

Thanks
Quote from 2004 HSC Imaginative Journeys Markers Notes: (Coleridge)

"Although the majority of candidates selected two poems for discussion, the length and complexity of the poems saw a number of candidates who discussed one poem access the A range".

There is no requirement to use more than one poem. However, it would best prepare you if you could do a sophisticated analysis on another Coleridge poem as well. You will feel more confident answering unusual questions if you have another text to analyse.

I'm preparing Lime Tree and Frost at Midnight.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
so long as your coleridge/extra text breakup is around 50/50, should be fine.

Khelebraz

HSC
Thanks,

I will prepare Kubla Kahn as well, but for now I think I'll just use Lime Tree as it goes very well with my supp. texts. Will have to wait for the actual HSC though.

cinDii

HSC
i would suggest two coleridgs and two suppliementary texts..
thats wot my teacher suggested..she markd us down if we didnt..like the main point i reckon is to just link all of the texts together and relating to imaginative journeys plus ur thesis =.=;;
would reccomend limetree bower and frost at midnight..cuz they are the easiest i reckon xD plus im doing those =]
good luckk

Jaspal

HSC
I think you can do one in great depth, and you can always connect similarities with the other poems i think. Though if you are only doing one, you need to know it in great depth.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)