Is Physics required for Medicine? Should I drop it? HEEELP! (1 Viewer)

snazzshazz

HSC
Okay so at the moment I'm doing all three sciences and I'm finding it hard to balance it all out.
I'm finding Physics really difficult and so I'm thinking of dropping it in Year 12.
I aspire to do Medicine so i was wondering is Physics required to do any of these courses?

Also, do you think it's stupid/unnecessary to do Physics in Year 11 and drop it in Year 12? I thought maybe some parts of it may apply to Chemistry/Biology so might as well stick with it for now and drop it later.

Thanks for your help :hippie:

muzeikchun852

HSC
Okay so at the moment I'm doing all three sciences and I'm finding it hard to balance it all out.
I'm finding Physics really difficult and so I'm thinking of dropping it in Year 12.
I aspire to do Medicine so i was wondering is Physics required to do any of these courses?

Also, do you think it's stupid/unnecessary to do Physics in Year 11 and drop it in Year 12? I thought maybe some parts of it may apply to Chemistry/Biology so might as well stick with it for now and drop it later.
i dont think physics is assume knowledge in medicine. and no i dont think its stupid to do physics in year 11 and drop it in year 12, becoz in year 11 u need to do 12 units and year 12 u only need a min. of 10 units. difference circumstances with difference approach.

ps. how to fix the "unknown quantity at this point" thing?

clintmyster

Prophet 9 FTW
HSC
Uni Grad
There tend to be no prerequisites to med but sometimes theres recommended knowledge and this tends to be chemistry and another science like bio or physics. If you don't enjoy something and thing you have reached a dead end then drop it. Little of med is actually phys, well the stuff that medical students go through. There are always bridging courses for uni to help you come up to scratch with certain areas of courses.
Its not stupid to do that. I did something like that for extension 1 english purely on the basis of improving my english skills. Then again, it might be kinda pointless if you are not paying attention or really really hate it where then you are simply wasting your time.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Only Chem is recomended knowledge, but I think they learn some Physics in Med as well but it probably isn't needed for the HSC.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)