• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

is my atar ruined? can i become dux? (1 Viewer)

sxrndiipty

HSC
hi guys im aiming at a 95+. my estimated is 96 but i fucked my trial exams and i feel like giving up. i got 71 in 4u maths and 75 in 3u maths. this is especially bad coz there are 3 ppl getting 95+ in both subjects from trials and the deviation is ridiculous. i also screwed all my subjects and im getting 70s now. my ranks are top 10 but not on the high end and i go to an average public school. is it too late to redeem myself in the hsc? or will i be averaged out and get 80s?

idkkdi

HSC
hi guys im aiming at a 95+. my estimated is 96 but i fucked my trial exams and i feel like giving up. i got 71 in 4u maths and 75 in 3u maths. this is especially bad coz there are 3 ppl getting 95+ in both subjects from trials and the deviation is ridiculous. i also screwed all my subjects and im getting 70s now. my ranks are top 10 but not on the high end and i go to an average public school. is it too late to redeem myself in the hsc? or will i be averaged out and get 80s?
internal marks are moderated.

redeemable.

dasfas

HSC
Probably won't get dux, but tbh it's not that big of a deal - just focus on getting a high atar, you won't care about this in 6 months time once you're accepted into uni.

It definitely is not too late to redeem yourself for the HSC - remember the trials are worth a like 30% of your internal mark. So all up, 15% of your total mark. You still have the HSC, which is worth 50%. Go smash that exam!

jimmysmith560

Le PhΓ©nix Trilingue
HSC
Uni Grad
It definitely isn't too late to redeem yourself. Keep in mind that the HSC exams contribute 50% towards your final marks for your respective subjects, and your marks in your HSC exams are determined based on your own performance. They are not affected by any other factors. As was mentioned above, your trial exams constitute only one part of your overall Assessment Mark, meaning that if you have been performing consistently well throughout year 12, i.e. in the rest of your assessment tasks (which I suspect you have been given your estimated 96, you will likely end up with favourable final ranks, consequently putting you in a favourable position as you approach the HSC exams, in which you must perform to the best of your abilities as the HSC exam can make a significant difference, particularly if you perform well, ultimately allowing you to hopefully achieve an ATAR in your desired range.

In terms of your chances of becoming dux, I don't think anything has been finalised yet. It is a common occurrence for students who achieve high ATAR's to perform unsatisfactorily in one of their assessment tasks/exams. This means that they are definitely able to turn things around in their favour, and eventually achieve their respective ATAR goal. There is still 50% of your final mark yet to be determined, and your chances of becoming dux ultimately depend on your overall performance relative to that of your cohort. Based on this, you should not give up, as I don't think there isn't any hope. However, I would still advise you to have good performance as your primary goal instead of specifically aiming to become the dux of your school, because even if you don't perform well enough to become dux, your overall results will still be great and that alone will make you proud of your achievements.

I hope this helps! πŸ˜„

Epicman69

HSC
bruh half your atar is still coming from your HSC so a 96 atar is completely doable!

azizcuber

HSC
hi guys im aiming at a 65+. my estimated is 66 but i fucked my trial exams and i feel like giving up. i got 91 in 4u maths and 95 in 4u maths. this is especially bad coz there are 3 ppl getting <30 in both subjects from trials and the deviation is ridiculous. i also screwed all my subjects and im getting 90s now. my ranks are bottom 10 but not on the high end and i go to an average public school. is it too late to redeem myself in the hsc? or will i be averaged out and get 100?

zizi2003_

HSC
hi guys im aiming at a 65+. my estimated is 66 but i fucked my trial exams and i feel like giving up. i got 91 in 4u maths and 95 in 4u maths. this is especially bad coz there are 3 ppl getting <30 in both subjects from trials and the deviation is ridiculous. i also screwed all my subjects and im getting 90s now. my ranks are bottom 10 but not on the high end and i go to an average public school. is it too late to redeem myself in the hsc? or will i be averaged out and get 100?
whats wrong with you lmao-
everyone has different expectations and standards of themselves.

azizcuber

HSC
I just said that my ideal atar was like 66 but im too busy acing 4u math lmao

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)