Is medical physics beneficial if considering medicine? (1 Viewer)

joe1016

HSC
ok guys, i'm considering mediciine for uni.....but in my physics class we will most probably do the "quanta to quarks" option. we have also been told we can study our own elective and the teacher will monitor our progress.

our school has taught quanta to quarks for the last 5 yrs because our teacher was of the impression it was most relevant to university physics and science study.

also they have had people study thier own electives and they have come out with high band 5 & 6's................. your thoughts and opinions.....????/

so whatis more relevant to me "quanta to quarks" or "medical physics"???????

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Doing Biology and Chemistry is probably more relevant for Medicine in uni than Medical Physics. Med Physics focuses on the physics of how machines such as MRIs, CAT scans, and PET scans work. Medicine as a uni course doesn't really follow that. So while Med Physics may be more relevant for you than Quanta to Quarks, it's not vital for Medicine. Unless you like that sort of thing.

As for doing the elective yourself, if you're motivated and are willing to do it yourself without the rest of the class, go ahead. There's nothing wrong with doing so if you can. Best of luck. :)

I_F

moeydalati88

>>M03Y<<
HSC
Um medical physics will probably come in handy but unless you are considering becoming a radiologist then its not of much use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)