Is Matrix+ any good? (1 Viewer)

pogchampion

HSC
for sciences its not rlly needed tho right? like i could do just as well with just other ppls notes, past paper question and textbook and my teachers help except for free and not wasting money right?
Yeah this is true. I think for maths doing it yourself using a textbook is good, but I don't like the science textbooks all that much. If you want to teach yourself, you can try and get a hold of some school's teaching slides (probably yours).

Sanj1963

HSC
for sciences 100%, i love the resources (idk about maths/eng but i heard they're a bit mid) they get shipped just before the next holiday break so you can speed through the module in the holidays and stay ahead, so that during the term i just do past paper qs to review (that's what i do)
Would you say Matrix + is good for 97+ ATAR aspirants? or good for 90-95 ATAR aspirants as well? Looking for Maths, Physics, Chem and English

Sanj1963

HSC
Personally, I think that Matrix+ is the best offering that Matrix has.
The only thing that comes close is the holiday course, but in that you don't get official support/assistance throughout the term if you need it (but if you do go that way, hmu 😂).

I think Matrix+ is good because you can speedrun the whole term's content in 2 or 3 weeks and if you get stuck, you can message on their own Matrix+ forum. I think the forum is better because you can get a better thought out response than one that the teacher comes up on a whim during class.
I quite like the teachers for Matrix in-person classes because they are professional and qualified, however the students in the classes are not the best to learn with - this is true for almost every tutoring centre except for ones where you have to do a test to get in. Because of this, I didn't mind the online environment, except that it does get draining if you 'binge' too much matrix+ at once. To be honest, matrix+ is better than (or at the very least on par with) UNSW mathematics in terms of student support and resources.

As for the alternative, I liked the holiday course and the students in your class are pretty hardworking (they sacrified their holidays to be there). However, I didn't have a private tutor so if you have questions during the term it can be difficult to get an answer.

Good luck :)
Would you say Matrix + is good for 97+ ATAR aspirants? or good for 90-95 ATAR aspirants as well? Looking for Maths, Physics, Chem and English

hscgirl

HSC
masaken is gonna get a 99+ atar, and she uses matrix+

so yes, matrix+ is 100% good for even 99.95 atar aspirants (bc masaken is also gonna get that / get close to that too)

Sanj1963

HSC

so yes, matrix+ is 100% good for even 99.95 atar aspirants (bc masaken is also gonna get that / get close to that too)
How different is Matrix plus from other online tutoring? e.g., ACE

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC

i have the whole matrix plus clourse (dont ask how) but i barely use it
u dont need it if ur class teacher is decent at teaching and u have a good set of notes and friends to study with

nsw..wollongong

HSC
my brother went to matrix last year they teach you science so you dont have to listen in school its amazing apparently
gets pretty bad tho when u don't pay attention in class and specific stuff that ur tutor doesn't teach u (which ur class teacher may go over) comes up in the trials

nsw..wollongong

HSC
Seems like a you problem … not a tutor problem or school problem
oh, no i was responding to them as if I'm talking from their perspective lmao, i wasn't talking abt myself. it was a hypothetical, i know others who got stumped bc of it, they relied too much on their tutor and didn't pay enough attention in class

jessewhelan

HSC
N/A
Did you end up going with Matrix+? If so what were your thoughts? Or if you went somewhere else what did you do and would you recommend?
Also interested in any other resources you'd recommend. Do you use anything for topic tests or flashcards??

igotcha

HSC
N/A
i have the whole matrix plus clourse (dont ask how) but i barely use it
u dont need it if ur class teacher is decent at teaching and u have a good set of notes and friends to study with
Can I have those notes if you still have them?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)