Is Love Worth More Than University? (1 Viewer)

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
hokay, so here's the thing. if he REALLY REALLY loves you, you'll be able to survive being appart for a while. like shiznit, missing your partner heaps and heaps and wanting them there and all that kinda stuff is totally normal and im a bit soppy like that but you both have different lives. when you enter into a relationship together, you're trying to do your best to merge those lives. if his dream is to go to uni in brisbane, let him do it. that was his thing before you came along.
you both have seperate dreams and goals and ambitions. to me it seems like you're very... bendable to his desires. would you really want to go up north? do you have family and friends there? what do you want to do with YOUR life? your partner shouldnt stop you reaching your goals, they should help you. so if you want to go to uni, and you want to go in sydney but the only reason you're considering a move is coz of him, stop and think about it. it shouldnt matter if you have to be appart for a month or two, if he REALLY loves you, he'll stick it out, call, write, email etc.
so basically... yeah.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, try not to be too condescending to people with geninue questions...

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
jcnme said:
ive bin goin out wit this guy for almost 6 months and i feel like i wuld do anything 4 him and i seriously feel like i love him.
He's goin to uni next year at brisbane and i have applied to go there too but i dont think i'l get in.
is it worth moving to brisbane to be wit him or shuld i stay in coffs harbour and have a long distance relationship or just call it quits
I say go with your heart and do what you think is right. I'm living with my boyfriend, who I've been dating for nearly three months and I couldn't be anymore happier.
In my situation I dropped everything, pulled out of my welfare course and made the move to sydney and for me it's the right decision. So my advice is to go with your heart and do what you feel is right. After all, all you can do is to continue to learn as you go along.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
champ_sammy_19 said:
I say go with your heart and do what you think is right. I'm living with my boyfriend, who I've been dating for nearly three months and I couldn't be anymore happier.
In my situation I dropped everything, pulled out of my welfare course and made the move to sydney and for me it's the right decision. So my advice is to go with your heart and do what you feel is right. After all, all you can do is to continue to learn as you go along.
I'm sorry, but that's just fucking retarded. At 3 months you cannot separate lust from true feelings, and chances are that things will go pear shaped within 6 months.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
politik said:
Exactly. Your future is more important.
Your future is important, but you can always put your studies on hold, you just don't fall in love with someone overnight.

ygyf

HSC
dis is lyk asking ppl

u wanna a male/female, or future career

depends on ur own evaluation

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
Your future does not have to involve uni. You can do a number of things invent something and get on dragons den, get on big brother, learn to sing and win idol, get on no deal or no deal (boo yah!) or win win powerball. My advice is to think outside the circle.

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
OZGIRL86 said:
Your future is important, but you can always put your studies on hold, you just don't fall in love with someone overnight.
but once the chance is gone that's it, both uni and love.
you might find another person better than ur ex, never know.

Benny1103

HSC
N/A
2sense said:
Your future does not have to involve uni. You can do a number of things invent something and get on dragons den, get on big brother, learn to sing and win idol, get on no deal or no deal (boo yah!) or win win powerball. My advice is to think outside the circle.
Lol I must say that it's rather refreshing to see that there still exist naive people. Most of you have said that if you lose a loved one then you will definitely move on...what's the difference between that and choosing Uni over your 'lover.' :rolleyes:

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
You guys are so negative, it seems that long distance relationships are "frowned upon" in a lot of your eyes, just because you may have tried it yourself and it didnt work out doesnt mean that it is going to happen to everyone else, "love works in mysterious ways" it isnt the same for everyone, theres no way that anyone can say that a long distance relationship wont work for someone they dont even know, the truth is its your life, and you do what you want and dont let people tell you how or what to think.

jcnme, if its advice your looking for, no one can make the right decision but yourself, although I do agree with some of the comments, I think you should consider your future, and try to decide what is better for the both of you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)