Is it true if your class is dumb they will pull your hsc mark down? (1 Viewer)

alwaysforever

HSC
Just say if your doing geography and the top mark in the class is 98% and the lowest is 30% will it drag the high scoring person's mark down in the hsc?

thanks

-allen23-

HSC
hmm thats what ive heard too....

thank god my 2unit classmates dropped because they cudnt take it...

now there are only smart people :D

oly1991

HSC
as long as you keep yourself in the top rankings then there is nothing too worry about.

On the other hand, if you are at a low ranking by the HSC then you better start praying that everyone in your class does pretty well in the exam.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
What Dragonmaster262 and oly1991 said.

If you're highly ranked and people ranked higher than you aren't getting horrible marks then your fine.

If you're lowly ranked with horrible marks then you either better get stuyding or hope that everyone pulls you up.

pman

Banned
HSC
the guy that gets first in the grade has his school mark pulled parralel to the top hsc mark from that school, same with bottom of grade except revers, the other get put on some c=scalar grid thing

Brontecat

HSC
in my bio class there are three students
the top student is receiving an avg. of A's for each subject, 2nd B's and last C's

would the top student be pulled down by the last?
how does it work with classes that are so small?

HSC
Heard something about if you are the outliear of your year group average (~20% difference i tihnk) you won't be drag down from your school, they mark you independenly or something.... can someone back me up or correct me on something

jellybelly59

HSC
Heard something about if you are the outliear of your year group average (~20% difference i tihnk) you won't be drag down from your school, they mark you independenly or something.... can someone back me up or correct me on something
You won't be affected if you are first or you wont be affected adversely if there is a gap between you and the people that are doing shit. As for how huge the gap is i don't know.

MJ-47

HSC
not nessessarily....ok this is how it sorta works...say your class average is 50% or lower and you score 98%.....then your mark will be brought down radically....conversly if your class average is 98% and you score 50% then you will be ranked up significantly.....thats what ive seen for alot of ppl in last yrs hsc

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
From experience,

You won't get affected, well not significantly anyway. Last year when I did my HSC, someone only got 3% in their trials for 2U. I was ranked poorly, but I did alright in the external examination and I managed to get a Band 6.

Also, just because you're ranked well, doesn't mean you will do well. I had friends who were ranked higher than me who didn't get a Band 6.

HSC
From experience,

You won't get affected, well not significantly anyway. Last year when I did my HSC, someone only got 3% in their trials for 2U. I was ranked poorly, but I did alright in the external examination and I managed to get a Band 6.

Also, just because you're ranked well, doesn't mean you will do well. I had friends who were ranked higher than me who didn't get a Band 6.
3%....oh my god!!!

MJ-47

HSC
From experience,

on your display pic you say you will had finished your HSC in 2009

i didnt know you had a time machine :confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)