Is it too late? (1 Viewer)

Leo.T

HSC
Hey i am current in year 11 and want to learn french as a subject outside of school do you think it would be a waste of time?

is it possible to try and still learn it?

i am at the moment learning french bit by bit but still having little problems here and there can anybody lead me the right way?

sajad07

HSC
Leo.T said:
Hey i am current in year 11 and want to learn french as a subject outside of school do you think it would be a waste of time?

i am at the moment learning french bit by bit but still having little problems here and there can anybody lead me the right way?
Lol

bawd

HSC
Leo.T said:

Definitely yes, and in fact you are in a similar situation I am. My school does not have any French teachers, so I ended up doing Japanese instead, but I am still teaching myself French outside of school by using the internet and borrowing language kits from the library. It's just that I won't have qualified HSC 'French' because I am unable to sit for the exam. (I can always do the paper online and if I 'pass', that'll feel as good as passing for real. [or will it?] :D) I

Anyway, that honestly doesn't matter. For me, learning a new language is for pleasure and allows me to explore different cultures. I do not need a sheet of paper to prove to anyone that I can speak French, just like I do not need one to prove that I can speak English, Mandarin, Cantonese, Teo Chew and Vietnamese.

It would not be a waste of time, because at the end of it, you'll have an entirely new language system that you can speak and write, and this opens up possibilities for exploring new literature, film and culture. And you'll feel glad you did.

PS. I got into French culture and French after watching Ratatouille. :mad1:

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)