• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is it too late (1 Viewer)

pulsado

HSC
Does anyone know if it is possible to drop adv. maths to general even though a term has passed and there jhas been an assessment for both courses last term
does the board of studies allow it
thanks

w00dy.

HSC
from what i know you can drop to general just as long as they havent completed 51% of their assessments.

but i could be wrong, it might be better to check with your teacher etc, to find out for sure

cupcake08

HSC
even if you could, are you sure you would want to? i know someone who dropped to general at the begginning of yr 12 in term four last year and shes spent the whole summer learning the general course as you need to learn different stuff from 2 unit. thats a lot of extra work this far into the year.

jirwin

HSC
at my school u can still change to general according to my friends who want to swap. i swaped at the beginning of term 4 and i am so glad i did. much less stress, workload is easier to understand and i havent spent any time this summer studying it

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
I know last year at my school at the end of term 4 a fair few 2 unit maths students elected to drop down to general maths for term 1 in the next year at my school they were alloud to. Remember you have only missed one term and yes it does seem like a lot of work and it most probably is but you were a 2 unit student for just over a year for a reason you should be good enough at maths to be able to grasp general concepts which you should find very similar from year 10 advanced maths.

If you were at my school I would say yes no problems but since your not then I suggest as soon as you get back speak to your subject coordinator and ask to be dropped down to general maths and as said the board will allow it just a matter if the teacher and school will.

yosemite sam

HSC
They let us drop down at our school...but the people that dropped down at the beginning of term 4 had to do a set list of reviews and sets from the year 11 syllabus to satisfy that they had learnt most of the yr 11 course. But since it has been a term, youd have to catch up on the year 11 stuff plus last terms yr 12 work and keep up with this years stuff...you could probly do it but it would be hard at first. But then youd get to bask in the glory of general and its easiness :D

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
How do you make up the assessment you haven't done? Sit a new test or "guesstimate" mark from the teachers?? :confused:

People who didn't know if they wanted to drop down or not had to sit both the general and advanced test.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)