• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is it too late to switch from standard english to advanced? (1 Viewer)

bleakarcher

HSC
Hey guys, I know my sig. says im taking advanced but I picked standard instead and now regret my decision. Is it too late to switch at this end of the year? I am not going to school anymore so is it possible I could sort things out at the start of yr 11?

AussieVesti

Retired Account
HSC
Hey guys, I know my sig. says im taking advanced but I picked standard instead and now regret my decision. Is it too late to switch at this end of the year? I am not going to school anymore so is it possible I could sort things out at the start of yr 11?
More often than not, the school will allow you to go up automatically provided good results in the School Certificate but if otherwise, then they may ask you to stay in Standard for a term or so to evaluate whether you are good enough to do Advanced.

I suggest giving the school a ring today if there's anyone who can help you.

megan_p

HSC
Most schools would let you, the Board of Studies is ment to allow it for the first term or something. I know in my Advanced English class we had people join from standard and drop to standard throughout the first few weeks. Just go to your teachers on the first day and they'll talk to you about it. It's different at all schools.

bleakarcher

HSC
Yeh I called yesterday, I would say that I'm in, not sure though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)