Is it too late to get my marks up? (1 Viewer)

EroticCity

Hi sorry if this has been asked.... But is it too late during the HSC exams to get our marks up considerably....like do we still have hope? Its just that i have had SO many major works and i havnt been performing as well as i would have liked.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
It really depends how poor your performance is.

A lot of people who -think- they aren't going to do well, may actually find out that their marks fair quite well. That's why this forum is great help in understanding where you stand.

tamia

HSC
N/A
Yeah same, my rank in each subject has dropped about two to three places. I haven't done as well as i would have liked to, but hey thats life. We can't always be good at everything

persephone

HSC
i heard that ranks are like really important. my ranks suck. my teacher said that if you're ranked like 5 and in the HSC exam you get the top mark, you will get the 5th mark.
e.g.
top 5 marks were 100, 97, 93, 89, 88 but you got the top mark because of your rank you'll get the 88.
i don't think that's right. does anybody know how it works because does that mean we can't improve if our ranks are bad? does that mean we never get our own mark?

raymond_87

hmmm

yeahim pretty sure but not certain that ur half right. the hsc is designed so someone working hard troughout the year but stuffs up the last exams arent too hard done by. BUT!! im pretty sure the avegare ur hsc mark. so if u come first the get that mark and avergae it with the 5th mark if ur rank 5 th so yeah....

AIGFHT HOME DOGGGGG

mack

Banned
HSC
persephone: That is why it is really important to work as a team after the trials. If you put in the effort with a poor rank and help out your classmates and vice versa, everyone will benefit. Say you all get 95+, and you were ranked last, and pull off a 98 in the hsc exam. Youll only get what the lowest mark in the class was, which was a very high 95. I hope this clears it all up, remember always, you are never doomed.

Vuki

HSC
Does that mean if someone gets ~20 for every exam (yes, it happens at my school, Fort Street) it affects the entire grade, in any way?

raymond_87

Vuki said:
Does that mean if someone gets ~20 for every exam (yes, it happens at my school, Fort Street) it affects the entire grade, in any way?
well if everyone does well escept for that person and that person ranks last then not really..... so yeah.. depeneds how everyone does generallu

Lemar

Have faith

dont worry bout ur mark. its better to focus on ur rank and hope that the rest of the state performs as good as u. there is still hope. just keep trying ur best and youll achieve ur dreams. good luck every 1. dont get 2 stressed.

mack

Banned
HSC
Well right now, youve got to work as a team. Do all you can to ensure everyone in the class gets a top mark, that way you can all reap the benefits.

arod

in terms of rankings is top 5 in every subject all right???
im really freaking out...

lala2

Banned
HSC
It depends how big the candidature for that particular subject is, is it the top 5 out of 10? top 5 out of 100?

Grizzly

euphoric
HSC
lala2
You name doesnt happen to be , lala ?
Coz i know of someone by that name :p

lala2

Banned
HSC
Grizzly, no, I'm not called lala however, are you an ex-student of Cheltenham Girls'? Cos I know someone from there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)