is it too late to get a job for the summer 07 holiday (1 Viewer)

jessamine

HSC
oh man. are people still hiring? i've been busy with hsc i haven't been out looking for a job.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Can't hurt to look around but from my experience, I found no jobs after my HSC exams and uni exams. But that might just be because I suck. Haha.

Just apply everywhere and see what works out.

H

housemouse

Are you serious that jobs get filled out pretty fast during this time?

Excalibur_

Not an Executive Member
HSC
They start hiring christmas casuals for this time, or even earlier because these casuals also cover the exam period as well.

Although, I think Woolworths is still hiring....Coles has already done a lot of christmas hiring so I've heard.

sarevok

HSC
yea prob. it's going to be boring sitting at home doing nothing all day but try to enjoy ur holidays

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
yeah i have the same prob. meh i'll wait till next year.
Fast food jobs are always looking for workers. If you don't mind having duff pay, then go for it, it will keep you busy at the very least.

runtlocks

the diff'rence
HSC
Don't forget to check the paper and all, may not be retail jobs at this time but they're a good source for others.

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Yeah all the little year 12 leavers and uni students with 4 months holidays are all out for jobs.

Try tutoring. You'll be surprised how many year 12 2007er's are already freaking out. I scored 2 extra students recently. There's also a market for just friendly people to read to little kids.

Other than that, just keep checking papers, etc.

HSC
yeah id be surprised if you got anything from the big supermarkets like woolies or coles....woolies said they were going to interview me for a position and they'd ring me back.....6 weeks later im still waiting :)

if you read through the local paper, you'll be surprised how many different jobs there are that you could have a crack at...doesnt have to be a supermarket or fast food. Even if it says experience required, still apply if you think youre up for it cos they may be desperate to get someone to fill the position

also, if youre feeling pro active, drop your resume in to as many local businesses as you can....most job positions are not advertised at all.

good luck!

Phyuk_Yiu

http://co.bos.error2-1337
HSC
I hope there'll still be jobs available by the 20th of dec. I'm on holidays overseas and have practically nothing to write for references. I'll have to try my luck at desperate xmas and new years eve employers.
If anyone knows about a science related job, please let me know:santa:

placebo101

HSC
i think my woolworths store is just about done hiring for christmas. the ppl who have been coming up 2 the service desk with resumes usually get told that the next time we're hiring will be in january.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
hmm, woolies hire directly? cos when i went to my woolies they told me to go do it online lol anyways to the thread topic, erm people are still hiring, i got a interview with a colesmyers company next wk so yeah, just keep annoying places n hopefully youll find something.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Well, I got a job at Greater Union around the time the original poster asked this question. So places were definitely hiring then. With Christmas just around the corner, though, I think most shops will have hired all the employees they need and won't be looking for any new ones at this point.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
Jachie said:
Well, I got a job at Greater Union around the time the original poster asked this question. So places were definitely hiring then. With Christmas just around the corner, though, I think most shops will have hired all the employees they need and won't be looking for any new ones at this point.
Which Greater Union cinema did you get the job at? Three weeks ago, I went to the one at George St and handed in my resume. One of the guys told me that they needed more people, but they still havent given me a call.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
I work at Hornsby. I enquired about their hiring on the Thursday, and was told to hand in my resume ASAP. I handed it in Friday morning, and that afternoon I got a call inviting me to the interview on Monday. It all happened pretty quick, to say the least.

H

housemouse

Generally, will there be avaliable positions after christmas?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)