• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Is it still possible? :( (1 Viewer)

suraya91

HSC
I dunno if im just too paranoid or worried that i might really bomb out in the HSC, but is it still possible to get a UAI of 80+ with the following rankings?

Standard English: 44/120
2U Maths: 24/65
Software Design/Dev: 7/20
Engineering Studies: 5/30
Physics: 11/40
Religion: 77/120 :| (i bombed out in the half yearly...BAD) :(

i really need to push myself for maths i rekn...as theyre gna bring those accelerated kids from yrs 10 and 11 into it...then theres gna be lyk 100 ppl doing the 2U course...

suraya91

HSC
umm...sumwer between 200 and 250

i think lol ... not too sure

rundotop

HSC
N/A
ur in denial.
just like every one else in the world...

people on bos are nice.
and want positive rep...

but i'll be honest with you
I don't think you can.
but that is my belief.

go prove me wrong if you want.

mdnofxtc

HSC
aww thats mean. but theres 4 months. u stil have trials left. aim for 90

Tully B.

Green = procrastinating
HSC
ur in denial.
just like every one else in the world...

people on bos are nice.
and want positive rep...

but i'll be honest with you
I don't think you can.
but that is my belief.

go prove me wrong if you want.
You're definetly one with short sentences.
Now aren't you just a beacon of optimism?

indianboy

HSC
N/A
dude... jus work hard man....u still have few time left... you'll make sum improvement im sure...

dw... ur otha rankings arent dat bad.... ull be fine.....:)

HSC
I have a diploma in spreading legs, its going great only one term till i am advanced ;)

Forgot to add I had a friend who had similar test results to the Op and he is doing pretty damn well at unsw so get studying at a pace you can learn at or you can do my hair for me

muscleman09

HSC
Forgot to add I had a friend who had similar test results to the Op and he is doing pretty damn well at unsw so get studying at a pace you can learn at or you can do my hair for me

haha damn... you shut me down :spzz:

HSC
There are many ways to get a few extra uai marks, so research damn it!

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
I dunno if im just too paranoid or worried that i might really bomb out in the HSC, but is it still possible to get a UAI of 80+ with the following rankings?

Standard English: 44/120
2U Maths: 24/65
Software Design/Dev: 7/20
Engineering Studies: 5/30
Physics: 11/40
Religion: 77/120 :| (i bombed out in the half yearly...BAD) :(

i really need to push myself for maths i rekn...as theyre gna bring those accelerated kids from yrs 10 and 11 into it...then theres gna be lyk 100 ppl doing the 2U course...
Your Software Design/Dev looks fine as does your Engineering Studies. Pull up your Advanced Math 2U mark within the top 15 (assuming it's advanced), your Physics to the top 10 and Studies of Religion within the top 20 (I don't think your Studies of Religion will count in your top 12 units though). Standard English rank is a bit of a worry... you need to improve that very dramatically.

Edit:
On second thought you might want to get in the top 5 for Software Design/Dev considering it's a fairly easy subject, there are only 20 people in your class AND your school is ranked 200-250.

Last edited:

suraya91

HSC
Your Software Design/Dev looks fine as does your Engineering Studies. Pull up your Advanced Math 2U mark within the top 15 (assuming it's advanced), your Physics to the top 10 and Studies of Religion within the top 20 (I don't think your Studies of Religion will count in your top 12 units though). Standard English rank is a bit of a worry... you need to improve that very dramatically.

Edit:
On second thought you might want to get in the top 5 for Software Design/Dev considering it's a fairly easy subject, there are only 20 people in your class AND your school is ranked 200-250.

loll software i just moved into the top 5 (5th now) coz a few ppl dropped because they were so devastated with their half yrly mark lol...were down to 16 ppl now :p

On another note, we had this year 12 hsc thingo today at school and they brought in students who had finished last yr and displayed their results to us..that is their half yrly results, trial results, hsc results (comparing them to eachother) and their eventual UAI. What really surprised me is that there was this one guy who got a UAI of 83.25 and he had 3 band 4s and 3 band 5s... and his subjects were very similar to mine (i think instead of software and engineering he had eco and chem)
so from today i dont think its IMPOSSIBLE for me to get a UAI of over 80, just need to push up my ranks a little and improve my results by a little bit (my half yrlies werent that flash but not devastating either)
lyk another guy literally failed half his half yearlies and still managed to pick himself up and get a UAI of 72. That said, i didnt fail any of my half yrlies so i dnt see how its THAT hard to get a UAI of 80+ in my situation for all u who think its over -.-

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)