Is it still possible? 95?? (1 Viewer)

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Is it still possible for me to get a UAI of 95.
My assesment marks are kinda as follows.
biology=92
Chem=70
Adv Eng=62
Ext 1 Maths=75
Ext 2 Maths=65
Give or take a few. And none have been scaled at all.

So what sort of marks in the hsc exams will i need to get up to a UAI of 95.

Also I'm coming 1st in Chem and Bio(and pretty confidant it will stay that way). And 2nd in 3unit maths. 3rd in 4 unit maths and in english about 12-15th. Does this have any affect.

Also if you have a rank of 1st in a subject, does that mean your mark is not affected by the average mark of the class, like htem pulling me down or something?? this one has been troubling me for quiet some time.

Last edited:

G.J.I

HSC
marks look steady except your adv eng. try to lift it up to 70-80 and just generally improve your other results and with the aid of scaling you'll fly.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Yes, English must definitely improve. You only really need high band 5's and low band 6's, with these high scaling subjects, to get very comfortably over a UAI of 95.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
depends which school you go to
got any idea what your school was ranked last year?
but other than that your sweet
hope you did well in your trials coz i think youll need a top 5 placing in eng adv to have any chance of 95
just work at it
good luck

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Um, i dont know what rank my school is. My schoool name is doonside technology high school. Um, does anyone have a list of the schools so i can refer to and get a school rank. How would that change anything. BTW im really sure my school is rank terribly. ahh

2006hsc

HSC
no offense...but if your talking about that school near crawford rd.....dont expect any help from your school..and dont even think your school will help scale u :haha:

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Yea thats teh school. Well i know my school is pretty crap. I know it wont help me, but will it hinder me??

lala2

Banned
HSC
Not if you rank 1st. I'd try, if I were you, to get that 1st for 3 Unit Maths since you're already so close to it. Your best bet would be to kill the externals, because if you should slip in ranks, or stay that way without improving, and your cohort is not a good cohort, you'd be stuffed. Don't rely too much on ranks, that's my advice, particularly if your school's not one of the better ones, but of course you should aim to be 1st.

DraconisV

Christopher Fife
HSC
Well i cant get 1st in 3 or 4 unit maths. Theres one guy who in the half yearlies and the exams we had recently he got above 90 for each exam even 4 unit. He is insane. The rest of my class are alright, i would say. Also one of the guys who was pulling us down(like his makrs were 20%) has dropped from 4 unit down to 2 unit. LOLOL hahhaa. So stupid, the hsc is like only a few months away and then over in no time at all. lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)