is it realli true? (1 Viewer)

GaZ_2004

HSC
i just rang up the unsw psyh department n they told me that it realli doesnt matter which lecture i enrol in as long as i turn up 4 the tutorial i enroled in, i.e. i enrol in the night stream of psyh 1a but instead, turn up 4 the after noon stream.
is tis realli the case?

mr_speedy

its called karma baby
HSC
N/A
they couldnt care less if you turned up to lectures or not, but for tutorials the role is marked and i think you have to have minimum 80% attendence.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Agreed.

Its particularly useful because even if you have a clash for the morning/afternoon stream you can officially enrol in the night stream, and just show up to the other stream anyway.

Grobus

Laughing Boy
HSC
Lectures arent even considered to be compulsory.

sunny

meh.
HSC
Certain subjects require attendance at lectures, like tutorials.

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
i think the point is that for subjects with a number of different lecture streams, they all progress thru the lecture notes at the same pace. so u could for instance, go to the 1st lecture from 1 lecture stream and to a 2nd lecture from another lecture stream. as lectures are non-compulsory, u should just enrol in any of them that fit and go to the ones that are convenient.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
§eraphim said:
i think the point is that for subjects with a number of different lecture streams, they all progress thru the lecture notes at the same pace. so u could for instance, go to the 1st lecture from 1 lecture stream and to a 2nd lecture from another lecture stream.
huh?? no way
(example: maths) brown is always ahead of henry and emphasises different topics. henry spent aaaaaages with the differential modelling crap (since he does a 3rd year course or something in it)
unless its an absolute last resort due to work, dont do it

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
true, depends on how they structured the lectures. in accounting, the same lecturers with the same lectures took the same block of lectures.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)