Is it possible to pick up an HSC subject NOW? (1 Viewer)

Cerebral

I completed a course in Yr 11 but chose not to do it for year 12. However now i want to do it and i was wondering if i'm able to pick it up although we are now in Term 2 of Yr 12. Are we allowed to if we want to? I dont suppose the board of studies stops us only the school would?

firehose

HSC
I highly doubt the Board of Studies can stop you but seriously ur thinking about picking up a subject now?!?! Oh if u did it in yr 11 its much better but ud probably have to go back and do the assessments already past, not to mention all the catching up (which could eat into valuable time for other subjects). If u are really confident that u can pull it off then by all means go ahead but watch your step...

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
i highly doubt that you can. unless you have a reputation for being highly intelligent in your grade then thats an exception. i regret dropping extension english, but i doubt that the teacher would allow me to do it now

Cerebral

the subject is legal, i topped it in year 11 and i just perused the yr 12 course and it seems easy. 90 in legal scales better than 90 in 2unit maths, so it seems tempting lol. but isnt there like some board of studies rule that you must complete 120hrs of a certain subject? I really want to do it, I doubt they will stop me... if anybody is crazy enough to jump into a subject 2 terms into the HSC lol.. it isnt so bad i completed a subject last year and got band 6 so the work load wouldnt be too crazy

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Your school can easily rectify the 120 hr problem for you, I believe. Whether or not it's legal and whether or not they will, however, is another matter.

LaCe

chillin, killin, illin
HSC
Well it is possible, what would hyappen is that u would have to pass the yr11 exam for the subject u want to do, if it is a language it is even easier. Just do it now rather than later!

Captain pi

HSC
Cerebral said:
I completed a course in Yr 11 but chose not to do it for year 12. However now i want to do it and i was wondering if i'm able to pick it up although we are now in Term 2 of Yr 12. Are we allowed to if we want to? I dont suppose the board of studies stops us only the school would?
That is correct, as far as I believe.

However, you should discuss this with your year-coordinator, your parents or guardians, the assistant principal, and the subject coordinator. If they are all encouraging, and you're keen, it may be a good idea.

richz

you, can do it, if u can catch up all the work u have missed...

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Your school can easily rectify the 120 hr problem for you, I believe. Whether or not it's legal and whether or not they will, however, is another matter.
Mega correct. I approached my principal and History head teacher when inquiring as to whether I could pick up ancient history, but they both laughed when I told them that BOS reckons you can pick subjects up in yr 12.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)