Is it possible to have ur HSC taken away (1 Viewer)

BrotherJim

HSC
okay, lets just say ive finished my last exam then me and my buddies trash the school and we get busted.....can they take away our HSC even tho we have done our last assesment?????

get_born

BrotherJim said:
okay, lets just say ive finished my last exam then me and my buddies trash the school and we get busted.....can they take away our HSC even tho we have done our last assesment?????
they wont take the hsc away from you - they'll just have you down as incomplete or failed in serious cases they might lock you up in a detention centre and throw away the key. :rolleyes:

nwatts

HSC
I doubt it.

They could get contract killers to take it from you though.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Technically yes. But in practice they dont usually. They may get the police involved though if property damage occurs.

Last edited:

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
they've already submitted everything by then.

they will just get u arrested for vandalism.

volition

arr.
HSC
Well I know that my school has threatened that it would make the students sit the exam somewhere else (a couple years ago, a yr 12 cohort did something naughty after the last official day of school, before the yr 12 cruise and graduation). Their yr 12 cruise and graduation ceremony got cancelled, and the only ones who had their names read out were the prize winners. Some of the kids had to sit their HSC exams at other centres, but I don't think the school would've taken their HSC away.

Edit: Oh yeah and I remember that for a fact, that no matter what criminal activity you do, you can still do the HSC. (ie. you can do the HSC in gaol :p), or at least do it at some other exam centre (other than your school obviously)

Last edited:

Peartie

HSC
to do it @ a different exam centre is to much of a hassle as you need 2 enrol there and they won't automatically accept you there so you might not be able to sit the exam and therefore not pass the course - but what BrotherJim wants to know is if he does it AFTER the last HSC exam so he wouldnt need 2 sit it elsewhere anyway because hes finished

and i say dont do it because the police CAN get involved which would be $$$ out the window for you and possibly juvenille detention or community service

HSC
Once you have your HSC they cant take it away from you. But if they haven't submitted your school results to the Board of Studies then you could be in some sort of bad situation.

The Board of Studies has its rules regarding assessments and elegibility for the HSC. However, the Board of Studies within its rule book states that a candidate must follow the regulations of the institution that they are doing their HSC (School, TAFE etc). One would assume that statement gives the school the right to withhold the marks if they have a valid reason (and in a public school / TAFE the reason would have to be very very very good as these institutions must follow the guidance of the NSW Dept. of Education where as private schools don't).

I have heard that withholding HSC results happens mainly to students in private schools, not so much in public schools.

The time for N-Awarding in specific subjects has passed (unless you have got your two warning letters already).

At my school, one of the teachers has threatened to put Year 12's on class attendance cards (normally given to junior students) for not turning up in the last weeks after the trials. Its pretty much a waste of time, she cant do much even if the student doesn't turn up.

bitchgirl

University Life
HSC
i think you can.... if you distract some1 in the hsc exams, they probably give you a big 0 on your exam papers.....that's 1 part of the hsc

Peartie

HSC
his question is AFTER having turned up to the last exam and AFTER having completed the exam can he lose his HSC which, the answer would be NO! The school can't say you didnt satisfactorily attempt school assessments as they have handed the marks in already and they cant do anything about it - but the school can take LEGAL Action

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)