is it possible to get into an IB with pass-credit GPA? (1 Viewer)

dexst8r

HSC
N/A
has anyone got into an IB with pass or credit average?and is itz possible to get in with pass average if your extracurricular is the best?

geetarjoe

HSC
N/A
Credit average? Very big maybe if you've done something extraordinary in your extra-curriculars. Especially hard in this market.

Pass average? No way, not a chance.

RIZAL

HSC
One of my best mates got in with a pass average and a 'non target' degree. And not just into any area either, FX trading in EDIT.

EDIT: ************

If you don't have connections, you can forget about it.

Last edited:

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Workmate had a Credit av in double degree from unsw and got several interviews. Extra curic nothing special but was over 70av.

Optiver takes wholesale traders with a CR average. Their prop trader requirements are a D average though.

Rorix

HSC
For IBD, credit its possible, pass I'd imagine not.

Ralph

The Don
HSC
N/A
dexst8r said:
has anyone got into an IB with pass or credit average?and is itz possible to get in with pass average if your extracurricular is the best?
*#Ck no! try putting your resume in at macdonalds

is a roflcopter
HSC
i think it was possible with a credit average but with the current markets no.

and extracurricular would have to be standout, legitimate and leadership based; ie president of law society or finance society or a society you didnt create in your penultimate year for recruitment purposes.

best of luck with the upcoming interview season everyone

billbro

HSC
N/A
dexst8r said:
I highly doubt you would be much of a chance even with a credit average. The IB interns I know all have marks in the HD range and extracurricular activities. You might make it to the assessment stage... but considering the number of rounds and the calibre of the candidates I don't think there is much hope.

3li

HSC
N/A
wtf

they dont really look at ur avg afta u get a first round. the first screening process cuts out all the dropkickcs so if u get thru that based on ur cv and transcript then fromt hen on its all performance based.

there are several cr avg ppl in ib so its opossible. but some banks will cut out any lower than 75 in their screening for e.g. but overall there are still opps for cr avg so dont say that

billbro

HSC
N/A
3li said:
wtf

they dont really look at ur avg afta u get a first round. the first screening process cuts out all the dropkickcs so if u get thru that based on ur cv and transcript then fromt hen on its all performance based.

there are several cr avg ppl in ib so its opossible. but some banks will cut out any lower than 75 in their screening for e.g. but overall there are still opps for cr avg so dont say that
If you make it through it through the first round, then it is true that your academic performance is not really an issue. However, with the number of high quality candidates vying for those positions with similar skill sets, any differentiating factor will impact on the outcome - this obviously includes marks. Also, which IB you apply for is going to have an effect on the requirements necessary to be competitive.

youngone

HSC
just a quick qu, are the avgs based on your entire degree or just ur commerce subjects. i ask coz im studying comm/law with a HD avg in comm but only a D avg when you combine both comm and law marks

HSC
Omnidragon said:
ah why would you want to get into an IB...
If you haven't figured it out, most of the young (i'll say it asian), go-getter, my-distinctions-distinguish-my-life posters in the commerce/business forum suffer from an epic superiority complex. Working at an IB (despite the public view of people that work at IBs) intends to counter this.

DexJnr

HSC
N/A
DigitalFortress said:
If you haven't figured it out, most of the young (i'll say it asian), go-getter, my-distinctions-distinguish-my-life posters in the commerce/business forum suffer from an epic superiority complex. Working at an IB (despite the public view of people that work at IBs) intends to counter this.
ha, that's a bit harsh mate and a sweeping statement..

not most but 'some'.

Omnidragon

Devil
HSC
Uni Grad
DigitalFortress said:
hahahahaha well said

MasterPUA

HSC
DigitalFortress said:
I'd say that it's an epic INferiority complex. For these individuals, their sense of worth is tied to a transcript and a looming job offer.

This formulaic path in life is well documented by psychologists. IB wannabes have deluded themselves into believing that a particular job will give them the permission to behave in a certain way. I.e. they feel that the 6 figure salary and apartment gives them permission to act with confidence. These are the people who can get the girl but never keep the girl, because they do not have one iota of real confidence or ego.

The true guns at my bank are the people who have separated their sense of worth from their job. They do it purely for the love of the game.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)