is it possible to fail L's test because u failed the eyesight test? lol (1 Viewer)

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
is it possible to fail L's test because u failed the eyesight test? lol

just wondering.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Do you mean the DKT (L's Test) or the DART (P's Test)? Either way failing the eyesight test would mean that you wouldn't even get a chance to do the test and would be asked to either where glasses\contacts if prescribed or go to the optometrist and get tested.

mr_brightside

frakfrakfrakcackmackshack
HSC
I believe thats incorrect.
All that would happen is one of the licensing conditions printed on your license would indicate you would have to wear glasses, and you would have to wear glasses/contacts at all times whilst driving.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
Yes that would be true but if you failed and you are not prescribed glasses then you will need to come back nothing time hence failing. There is a tickbox you must tick if you are going to wear contacts or glasses for the eyesight test so if you don't tick them and fail then you will need to do the test latter...

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
Do you mean the DKT (L's Test) or the DART (P's Test)? Either way failing the eyesight test would mean that you wouldn't even get a chance to do the test and would be asked to either where glasses\contacts if prescribed or go to the optometrist and get tested.
My eyesight test was always after I did the knowledge/driving test... and after I got my green Ps they didn't even bother doing an eyesight test!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
For both my L's and P's test I had the eyesight test before, so I guess it depends on the RTA you go to.

EDIT: But you always have to do the eyesight test (At least for L's and Red P's not sure about Green P's). When renewing your licence you also have to do a eyesight test so I don't see why you didn't for your Green P's.

Last edited:

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
Never did here (Ballina RTA).

They should have done it for green Ps but I guess they just forgot...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I got a few letters wrong in the eye sight test for my L's, but the nice lady at Macquarie said it was fine and she just said to wear glasses / contacts when driving, which is whats on the back of my L's anyway.

HSC
yeah they just write that you need to wear your contacts or glasses when driving on ur licence.

CieL

HSC
Cape said:
I got a few letters wrong in the eye sight test for my L's, but the nice lady at Macquarie said it was fine and she just said to wear glasses / contacts when driving, which is whats on the back of my L's anyway.
AHAHAH me too!!

macquarie is so slack, they dont really care if you can see or not..

i think i got a few letters wrong.. cos she looked a bit funny, but she was like.. "yeh, go get your eyes checked.. *scribble* sit at computer 2 please"

and then for my red Ps, the person forgot to check my eyes cos i was in a frenzy thinking they lost my application form

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
hows that a stupid question!!! u shud feel sorry for ppl who failed their dkt's , maybe...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)