Is it bad to not brush your hair? (1 Viewer)

synthesized

HSC
N/A
what i want to know is how do you get hair so you dont *need* to brush/do anything with it and it looks great, like all you do after you get out of the shower and dry it is mess it up with your fingers and its all messy but straight and spikey ??

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
Yes it's bad. I brush my hair everyday before bed, makes my hair look great in the morning (that and the conditioner). Haven't had a bad hair day in years. ;)

arrested development
HSC
what971 said:
Yes it's bad. I brush my hair everyday before bed, makes my hair look great in the morning (that and the conditioner). Haven't had a bad hair day in years. ;)
Ummm no it's not bad. Maybe for you, but I haven't brushed my hair in a verrrrry long time and my hair always looks really rather ace too. :)

what971

Now in Oriental Flavour!
HSC
N/A
My hair looks nice too.... :(

I'm just saying brushing = no bad hair days. ever.

EDIT: btw its not like I HAVE to brush it for no reason, it's just that I always have a shower before bed and therefore it's part of my hair-drying process.

Last edited:

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
I don't own a hairbrush and haven't brushed my hair since primary school. I just use combs. I used to think it was weird but I'm used to it now *shrug*

funkless

HSC
N/A
My hair is like this...

Sometimes if I brush it looks great. Most of the time it looks like a big poofy ball. Fun. Usually when I don't brush it, it looks alright. But my hair gets very knotty very easily, so I have to brush it quite a few times every day or stick it in a bun. Sometimes I wish my hair was the poker straight variety, which doesn't require all that needless detangling and combing and whatnot.

Nakashima

We GLAMOROUS
HSC
I brush my hair when I need to, and it's never frizzy or anything. I don't deliberately brush the crap out of it for no apparent reason but apparently doing so is good for you, according to some magazine or other.

Then there are sources that tell you excess brushing leeches the oil that makes hair shiny. Personally I reckon brushing has little effect on hair health or appearance. For good hair, eat fruit and nuts, and use good conditioner.

lala2

Banned
HSC
My hair is short and straight, so I just comb. During hols, when I don't need to go out and show anyone apart from my family members, who don't care, I just leave it uncombed when I get up in the morning, and after drying it just leave it there.

ladyknight

HSC
My sisters' hair falls out if she doesn't brush it every day...

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Sarah168 said:
I don't own a hairbrush and haven't brushed my hair since primary school. I just use combs. I used to think it was weird but I'm used to it now *shrug*
i thought combing is kinda include as brushing...

alright in that case i've brushed my hair less than 5 times in my life??

Otherwise, i haven't combed my hair for half a year now
still great :rofl:

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
brushing your hair when it's wet gives you split ends.

brushing when it's dry makes hair shiny, but can cause frizz if the hair is naturally curly or wavy.

i have wavy hair, and i never brush it. i just comb conditioner through in the shower with a wide toothed comb.

HSC
N/A
Nakashima said:
I always brush my hair when I come out of the shower because that's when I do my part - and well, you can't do a part without brushing at least some of it, so I cut to the chase and just brush all of my hair then as well :p. However, I try not to go nuts then - just the bare minimum of slow strokes required, then I let it dry naturally before I do anything more. And I rarely get split ends :D

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
My hair is exactly the same before and after i brush it so i hardly see a point...

HSC
N/A
Not brushing your hair is the bestest thing about having short hair...my hair grows fairly fast so usually every year when it is long and im bored...i'll cut it!

ediisjoz

HSC
YUCKKKKKKKKKKKK! i brush my hair every dayyyyy!!! ahhhh ahhh that freaks me out... !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)