Is it bad to drag out your uni degree for work ? (1 Viewer)

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
If you guys recall earlier , I was lost on as to what I wanted to do for my full time job..... So now I am planning to work full time for 6 - 12 months

That means I'll finish my degree 1-2 years later than expected .

My Q is:
- is it bad to drag out your degree ?

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
if the job actually pays u decent enough, as well as providing opportunities for advancing, then no, its not bad to drag the degree

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Forget paying decent, it's all about the experience. If it's the same job your doing now(the one in the city) and they offered you a full-time position, then definitely go for it, consider part-time study during night, or arrange with them to give you 4-5 hours off each week for uni or something whilst working full time. Otherwise definitely go for, this will improve your resume considerably and give you options in the future.

Lots of people actually drag out their degree in their 2nd last year or final year to get a chance at applying for grad/internships again.

Flop21

HSC
I've been going to a lot of uni info things, and I've heard a lot of people say that employers are wanting grads with experience, as you'll see a lot of job descriptions requiring a year of experience. So I think this is a good idea.

treescape

HSC
If you guys recall earlier , I was lost on as to what I wanted to do for my full time job..... So now I am planning to work full time for 6 - 12 months

That means I'll finish my degree 1-2 years later than expected .

My Q is:
- is it bad to drag out your degree ?
No way, in that situation it sounds like a great idea. There is no point just pushing through your degree if you're a bit unsure on what you want to do. Taking some time out now might actually help.

Another way to think of it is that it will be much easier to take time out now during your degree. Once you have finished you want to try to get a job in your field as soon as you can. And you can employers you just wanted to gain some real world experience, and taking the time out to work made you even more focused/ passionate about your career... Or something like that. It's always spin if you take a year out during uni rather than after uni.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Your uni fees will increase/you will lose your uni mates that you do group assignment with

Other than that not really.

More time to slay the LGs, amirite chronost

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Your uni fees will increase/you will lose your uni mates that you do group assignment with

Other than that not really.

More time to slay the LGs, amirite chronost
How will his uni fees increase? He won't be doing any additional subjects, just doing less subjects each semester.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)