Is it alright to use an anime for a creative writing for HSC? (1 Viewer)

SwiftZerker

HSC
Overall in my opinion anime is somewhat immature, but there are obviously some animes that are for a mature audience, so I tend to choose those over the generic high-school/fantasy based anime which is too immature and has no real powerful aspects of belonging and not belonging. For my creative I'm only taking the context from an anime by the name of Psycho Pass, I'm not taking anything else other than the context and the antagonist's base perception of the world in which he lives in. So this is what I've written so far.

I always ask, is this what they call a perfect society? A grand artificial intelligence that judges every aspect of our lives? In the year 2022, mankind has finally created an artificial intelligence that measures our mental and psychological state, the so called “perfect judge” who defines good and evil. An arbitrary number is present within our minds that determines the degree of mental instability. The higher this number is, the more clouded a single individual’s mind is. An innocent civilian with a pure hearted mind would be measured with a very low number, however a criminal, full of killing intent and bloodlust, will have an abnormally high number, resulting in either their detainment from society or swift assassination. Years passed by since the second millennia when I was born, wars still commenced, terrorism was nothing new in your daily news report every morning watching TV with your coffee in one hand, a piece of toast in the other.

This system was mankind’s greatest wish, eternal peace, ceasing of war, a stop to violence. Now that it has happened, no one rebelled against this restrictive world. After living for two years in psychological solitude, living like cattle and as dumb as sheep, I’ve awakened from the dystopian world. Why has humanity fallen to a point where we have to rely on an artificial intelligence to define good or evil? Why do we have to throw away our own “free will” to obtain utopia? I’ve attempted to act against this system through good will, but every person I’ve approached stared at me with soulless, negligent eyes denied my thoughts without hesitation as if I was an outcast with a different mindset to everyone else. Day after day, my attachment to this world started to fade away, my friends, colleagues, even family started to disappear from my sight. I was alone, deep within the abyssal realm of displacement.

Again this is incomplete so.... to sum it up I have two questions.
What do you think of my Creative Story so far?
Is it alright to write a creative story based on some elements on an anime and writting a new original plot in order to fit the Area of Study: Belonging?

Thank you for reading.

GL1001

HSC
Dont, not because its anime, but because its fantasy bullshit. In creative you should be writing about what you know or what is believable.

NWO

HSC
U can write a novel for it outside school. Focus on belonging and not belonging for good marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)