Is is hard to transfer from UWS? (1 Viewer)

iRX

HSC
Just to give people an idea of the worth of a decent gpa at UWS, I applied to transfer this year to USyd without a uai (was <30 at the time anyway, teehee), but with a 6.375 gpa in first year comp sci just completed I've just received an offer for a BS+adv.math @ Usyd (has a 99.05 cutoff!). Seems studying at UWS must be worth something...

So... get a decent GPA and you'll transfer no hassles :)

rcr4fags

HSC
N/A
Just to give people an idea of the worth of a decent gpa at UWS, I applied to transfer this year to USyd without a uai (was <30 at the time anyway, teehee), but with a 6.375 gpa in first year comp sci just completed I've just received an offer for a BS+adv.math @ Usyd (has a 99.05 cutoff!). Seems studying at UWS must be worth something...

So... get a decent GPA and you'll transfer no hassles :)
i hope u can handle advance maths

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
I have transferred from UWS to uSyd too as of today's offer, albeit with a slightly higher UAI than you lol. Work hard at UWS or whatever uni and you will give yourself every chance if you want to transfer out.

DaGizza

HSC
The uni shouldn't matter. The only differene it makes is for internal transfer. So UWS stands the same chance as Usyd if you want to transfer to UNSW but UNSW has a small advantage.

Having said that, it may appear harder only because generally UWS students have lower UAIs. This doesn't mean everyone does and its impossible though so try your best and you can still transfer. :) Just make up for it with higher grades.

applo

HSC
Ah good thing i did a quick google search on this topic!

Am in year twelve atm. I know many people who got a UAIs between 40-55 and still got into UWS.

Going after B INtl studies or B Arts at UWS for 2010 intake. Then my main aim would be BIGS at UTS!

Thanks all!

wrxsti

Rambo
HSC
Ah good thing i did a quick google search on this topic!

Am in year twelve atm. I know many people who got a UAIs between 40-55 and still got into UWS.

Going after B INtl studies or B Arts at UWS for 2010 intake. Then my main aim would be BIGS at UTS!

Thanks all!
Whats BIGS?

applo

HSC
Whats BIGS?

Opps, BIGS (Bachelor of International and Global Studies) is another preference I'll be after which is at USYD.

The course I intended to say was B Global Studies from UTS.

Darn me :p

acethehsc

HSC
what are my chances??
i was only 2 points off the unsw cut off for my course (B industrial design) and im at uws now studying the same course... so far im getting Distinctions
and high Distinctions in my grades...

do i have a good chance of getting in?

jjkewl12

HSC
heyy im a first year student
who is currently attending uws parramatta campus
and im doin bach of economics,,
i was wondering, do they check the overall years work GDP or jus from ur autumn session (first sem) GPA + with ur UAI to calculate a new thing to determine if u can go to aother uni?
cuz sum of my fwends sai yeah they onli check ur spring ses GPA
and sum sai its ur entire yearr
aniwais,
jus wanted to ask use
wat were use studyin at uws , wat gpa u got and wat uai was the subject u got into at a diff uni,,
thanx

Zozo6969

HSC
heyy im a first year student
who is currently attending uws parramatta campus
and im doin bach of economics,,
i was wondering, do they check the overall years work GDP or jus from ur autumn session (first sem) GPA + with ur UAI to calculate a new thing to determine if u can go to aother uni?
cuz sum of my fwends sai yeah they onli check ur spring ses GPA
and sum sai its ur entire yearr
aniwais,
jus wanted to ask use
wat were use studyin at uws , wat gpa u got and wat uai was the subject u got into at a diff uni,,
thanx
haha looking at your grammar and spelling the outcome is unlikely

HSC
It's so sad that they have to look at your UAI/ATAR,

To uni's : PEOPLE CHANGE YOU KNOW!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)