is 'intentionality' a word? (1 Viewer)

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
yarr --

dictionary.com says:

intentionality

1-- The state of having or being formed by an intention.

2 -- Philosophy. The property of being about or directed toward a subject, as inherent in conscious states, beliefs, or creations of the mind, such as sentences or books.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
BWHAHHAHHA

TAKE THAT POST MODERN SCUM!!

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
yeah I wouldn't use it it sounds like really bad english even though it appears to be a real word. The person who marks it may not realise that.

gloria*

skin graft
HSC
N/A
yeah it really doesn't sound like a word, i wouldn't suggest using it in a hsc-related essay, a marker might think you were a fuckwit or something.

narrator

HSC
N/A
i'm asking because our his teacher uses the word and i told him it doesn't exist, we kinda used it as a good example of how history can change by society,

still, neither of us really know if it's a word

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
...well theres also the little issue of Auschwitz-land being a viable theme park...

MicK_eT

Terry mate!
Originally posted by narrator
i'm asking because our his teacher uses the word and i told him it doesn't exist, we kinda used it as a good example of how history can change by society,

still, neither of us really know if it's a word
LOL my teacher says that 'done' (pronounced doen)is a word... as in blood doning... and to done blood.... hehehh created alotta talkage with students and teachers... debating whether its a word or no.... but we're all over it... hopefully

narrator

HSC
N/A
hey MicK_eT, did you arrive at the conclusion that done was or wasn't a word, it doesn't sound like one to be, i wouldn't think that you done blood, i'd say you donate blood

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)