Is GEOGRAPHY worth IT? (1 Viewer)

uberschveinen

HSC
I absolutely love geography. For some reason the work I put into it seems to get amplified vastly, resulting in me getting excellent marks for little or no work. Everyone loves subjects like that.

I also like geography as a subject, the structure of the course is vastly superior to the entropic hellpit that is english, and the information you learn in it is actually useful and applicable to everyday life, not like english and maths.

A word of advice: bugger scaling. It really doesn't matter. Firstly, scaling only comes into play if you're doing poorly in a subject, if you get really high marks the disadvantage will be completely offset. Secondly, for geography in particular, I'll tell you what my (kickass) geography teacher told me. Geography, unlike economics and 4 unit maths, is seen as a 'weak' subject. This means that poor students are easily attracted to it, whereas the smarter ones are driven away. So, if you're not stupid, the fact that yoou are probably smarter than most of the people doing the course will earn you vastly more marks than what you will lose in scaling.

HSC
uberschveinen said:
I absolutely love geography. For some reason the work I put into it seems to get amplified vastly, resulting in me getting excellent marks for little or no work. Everyone loves subjects like that.

I also like geography as a subject, the structure of the course is vastly superior to the entropic hellpit that is english, and the information you learn in it is actually useful and applicable to everyday life, not like english and maths.

A word of advice: bugger scaling. It really doesn't matter. Firstly, scaling only comes into play if you're doing poorly in a subject, if you get really high marks the disadvantage will be completely offset. Secondly, for geography in particular, I'll tell you what my (kickass) geography teacher told me. Geography, unlike economics and 4 unit maths, is seen as a 'weak' subject. This means that poor students are easily attracted to it, whereas the smarter ones are driven away. So, if you're not stupid, the fact that yoou are probably smarter than most of the people doing the course will earn you vastly more marks than what you will lose in scaling.

omg thats mad i neva thought of it that way..thanks :D now i luv geography

hudson@mmcc

HSC
yeah geography is awsome!!
it is so easy to do well in....all u have to do is throw in some terminology and they examiners think your awsome....i also do economics and one of the topics is economic activity.....makes it so much easier...my teacher is always so impressed with my new vocabulary...:) 'wow nick, you have been working hard'...lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)