is deckard the 6th replicant? (1 Viewer)

LeesY

hey ..out of curiousity..is deckard the blade runner the 6th replicant? if he is..i was would like to justify this so explain why please

Fosweb

I could be your Doctor...
HSC
There is evidence both for and against.

Like For:
"You've done a mans job" at the end suggests he's not really a man...
When he's talking to Rachel about having the "shakes" and how they both have them, may show some similarities...
When the cop calls him back from "retirement" to be a BR again. Retirement being what they do to replicants.
When Rachel asks "if you have ever taken the test yourself" But then we dont know whether he would fail or not.
Memories: Deckards addiction to photos (are these 'really' his memories? or are they implants?)
The Unicorn. How could Gaff have known about the unicorn if deckard wasnt a replicant? (Since gaff places a little unicorn figure down at the end - like in Deckards dream.)
Supposedly Ridley has said since the film that deckard is a replicant... but then - who would believe what someone has said on the internet?

Against:
Emotions: Deckard has emotions. But then Rachel has developed emotions too...
It is unlikely that a replicant would have been married once - like Deckard was.
Hmm... He still feels a lot of pain? He is saved by a replicant?

There seems to be lots for the "He Is a replicant" case, but basically, its not very relevant to english for us anyway... so dont worry about it...

kalli

HSC
you know how replicant develop emotions as they are about to expire.... deckard emotions may mean he is about to expire??

pearla

kewl
HSC
In an interview with Ridley Scott he says that it is meant to be open to interpretation. Deckard's eyes glow towards the end of the film for a second, and when deckard walks out with his biatch right at the end and finds the unicorn, it is meant to confirm for those who saw his eyes glow that he is a replicant. however it is very open to interpretation.

Ridley in the interview says that Deckard may be a nexus 7 replicant. - A step closer to being actually human. He has human emotions, 'normal' strength, unlike the Nexus-6 replicants, and .... yeah.

strider

I sort of thought that he was the Nexus 6 that got "fried" (i.e. the "brought out of retirement" bit) and they reprogrammed him with memories, and Rachael was the missing 6th Nexus 6 rep.
Who knows, however. It's a story, and if the creator doesn't know . . .

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)