Is anyone gonna do 7 subjects (13 units) for yr 12 HSC? (1 Viewer)

Sk8ta Boii

HSC
hey pplz. I was thinking about keeping all my subjects for next yr which is 7 subjects (13 units). is anyone else out there whos gonna b doing 7 subjects (13 units) like me? I feel like im the only 1 lol. So plz post if u r in the same situation as me and also post ur subject.lataz :)

cccclaire

HSC
I'm not
because I'm just counting the days until I can drop english extension.
But if you enjoy all your subjects and would work hard at all 13 units, then I don't see any reason why you should drop down to 12.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
I am doing 13 (theoretically 14) and i am not coping :mad1:

topdeck

HSC
cccclaire said:
I'm not
because I'm just counting the days until I can drop english extension.
I'm assuming you do thirteen units...so why can't u drop extenstion english now? Don't u only have to do 12 units in year 11?

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
z600 said:
I am doing 13 (theoretically 14) and i am not coping :mad1:
the subjects youre doing are pretty hectic, where you do have quite a fair workload
id suggest just to see how you go till the end of the year, and if youre still no coping, then drop a subject...preferably the one youre not doing good or have no interest in

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm consdering dropping CApps in Term 4 and picking up Maths Extenion 2 and History extension. But I'll see how I progress first this year, and then I'll make this decion.

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
jemsta said:
the subjects youre doing are pretty hectic, where you do have quite a fair workload
id suggest just to see how you go till the end of the year, and if youre still no coping, then drop a subject...preferably the one youre not doing good or have no interest in
On top of thoes, i got 3 sports session, school service, and physics olympiad, and titration:bomb: Thanks god for the holidays

Sk8ta Boii

HSC
yeh i would drop studies of religion 1 unit anyday but seeing as I go to a private school, they made religion compulsory for yrs 11 and 12. dammit o well lol at least its only 1 unit and the HSC exam for it would only be out of 50.

cccclaire

HSC
topdeck said:
I'm assuming you do thirteen units...so why can't u drop extenstion english now? Don't u only have to do 12 units in year 11?
nah, I'm doing 12 at the moment, but next year I'm planning on picking up maths extension 2, and then I can drop english extension.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
f3nr15 said:
I knew two guys who did 13 units didn't even get a Band 5 or 6.
You do know just because people do more units doesn't make them any more smarter then anyone else.

Yes most people doing 12+ units are very capable students but equally so there are a lot that aren't and if you slack off when you have 12+ intensive units then it will be pretty hard to catch up.

Zephyrio

HSC
ME ME ME.

Hehe. I'm going to do 4 maths, 4 eng, chem, modern and history extension.

My logic? Extension Two English is not very strenuous; it's offline and the marking is extremely subjective. So it's not a good, reliable way to gain marks... So really I'll just have 12 units plus something which I'll do for the fun of it. =)

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A
I'm doing 13 units this year, the only thing that annoys me is my utter lack of frees when everyone else has them. I think there's only 1 or 2 other people with that many units.

But for overall workload it doesn't make much of a difference, because Music has basically no homework, and the exams can be studied for about ten minutes before they start. Only time it cuts in is when I have to do a performance, compose or do a musicology assessment, so towards the end it will probably be worse. By that time, though, all my assessments fo other subjects will be finished with only the actual HSC left.

steban

violin dude
HSC
HELLLLLL-L-L NOO

13 units...i do 13 units now....workload is quite heavy for me, but im only havin 4 subs next yr woot!

English (4U)
Music extension (3U)
Jap Beg
Chemistry

ill be havin 11 units, but 2 of them are major works presented at the end of the year (ext 2 english and music ext) so i only have 9 units of work to take care of constantly thoughout the year...well the major work for english might have more time spent on....

mandathepanda

HSC
I'm currently doing 13 units (English Advanced,Modern History,Legal studies,French Continuers,Senior Science,SOR1and General Maths) I honestly thought at the beginning of this year that I'd be dropping French continuers and picking up History Extension.However I'm finding that I'm enjoying French more this year(and am seeing how useful it could be),so provided my marks reflect this I will take it to year 12 and I'm enjoying all my other subjects so why should I drop anything? However I may feel differently by the end of term 3...

oe

HSC
Sk8ta Boii said:
hey pplz. I was thinking about keeping all my subjects for next yr which is 7 subjects (13 units). is anyone else out there whos gonna b doing 7 subjects (13 units) like me? I feel like im the only 1 lol. So plz post if u r in the same situation as me and also post ur subject.lataz :)
your crazy. friends with 12 units say thats hard enough. i only have 10 and im so happy i only picked ten cuz it gives me more time to study and focus on everything more rather then sending myself crazy!

jenny6380

HSC
Doing 13 Units might not actually be that bad...given that you actually enjoy and want to keep going with the subject...personally, I wouldn't drop my units either...even though they are quite demanding

3 U English, 3 U Maths, Economics, Physics, Chemistry, 1 U Studies of Religion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)