Is anyone else out there doing 4u and finding it bloody hard at this point in time? (1 Viewer)

HELPMEIMFAILING

I am really stressing for 4U its soo damn hard and no mattar how much effort i put in i seem to get nothing out if it.. is anyone else out there like that so i can feel a lil less stress cos everyone i know takes it like 4U is a breeze or somthing!
MEEH I CAN ONLY GET THROUGH THE FIRST LIKE 3 questions

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Remember that if you can get 100% in the first 3 questions, and get bits and pieces adding up to about 15 marks in the last 5, you're passing 4u, and that's where scaling kicks in:)

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
yeh m8 im like u, ive realised tho strsssing will do fuk all 4 ya, stress less...and try and get the basics out thru ur textbook, jus do ur best and scaling shall do the rest...try and get 5 qs out tho, do more past papers, and get bits n pieces of 6-8...ull sail thru to an E3 that way

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Yeah im completely screwed for 4u.. i try heaps hard but i still dont understand some things... i like the course alot more than the 2u course thats why i didnt drop it but im not expecting anything from it... i dont think ill pass (even with the scaling)! Theres no hope!

Jase

HSC
if you can finish with 100 percent confidence Q 1-6 , you would most likely get a band E4.
I think all you can do is make sure there's nothing in the basics you've missed, and just practice on the harder questions. Although, if your lucky, Q7 and Q8 wont be too hard.

Of course i dont mean, skip 7 and 8, some questions in 7 and 8 arnt as hard as they're imagined to be.
It all comes down to practice and perception.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
ah the memories :)
i was in this position last year, did alright in the end! don't worry!

CrashOveride

HSC
Jase said:
if you can finish with 100 percent confidence Q 1-6 , you would most likely get a band E4.
Most likely?

If anyone can get 1-6 100%, i will guarantee you at least 94 or even 95.

Just dont make stupdiu mistakes early on...and have a go at q7 and q8. Sure, they usually are very challening but i assure you 9/10 times there are easy marks to pick up there. One year, think it was like 96 or something, the very last question 8b was a complex number question that was of Q2 calibre. You'd be surprised.

spazmaz

HAVE - FAITH - IN - SCALING!!!!!!!!!
atleast that's what i'm doing otherwise i'm screwed!
i got 52% in the trials and my teacher scaled it up to 86%. I was cheering.
oh and kick all the people who are doing crap in 3 unit cause there going to drop the scaling average down for us (atleast that's what i was told).
i think that you have to just feel good that atleast you attempted 4 unit and feel good when ppl get that really shocked look on their face when you say 'i'm doing 4 unit maths'.
my teacher said that about 3 people in the state get marks over about 3 in the last questions so not to worry to much cause where not all freaky genuis's.
goodluck! i feel your pain.

Jase

HSC
whoa.. whats with the time system? my post comes up three posts posted before me?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
spazmaz said:
oh and kick all the people who are doing crap in 3 unit cause there going to drop the scaling average down for us (atleast that's what i was told).
i think that you have to just feel good that atleast you attempted 4 unit and feel good when ppl get that really shocked look on their face when you say 'i'm doing 4 unit maths'.
my teacher said that about 3 people in the state get marks over about 3 in the last questions so not to worry to much cause where not all freaky genuis's.
If the 2004 3u candidature is overall 'dumber' (if they do lower scaling subjects) than the 2003 candidature, then the scaling will not be as good, no.

I imagine it'll still be kickarse, though.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
spazmaz said:
Your teacher lies:)

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
our teacher said just get 5 or 6 questions out and your home, as in band 6
then anything else from there on is bonus etc

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
gordo said:
our teacher said just get 5 or 6 questions out and your home, as in band 6
then anything else from there on is bonus etc
What if you're aiming higher?:p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Exactly!

This "just do half the paper" attitude annoys me. Why settle for second best?

cj_bridle

HSC
Slide Rule said:
Exactly!

just let people aim where ever they want to aim slide. best keep your own aims in sight and not worry about others. :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Exactly!

It's a psycological statement to reduce stress.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
magical scaling

Crikket said:
lol, my teacher lied too... i got 22% in my trials, and it got scaled up to 82%

wtf thats so unfair lol, im sure my teacher wont b bothered to scale so generously, im not even sure if teachers r allowed to do that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)